Saturday, August 30, 2008

Finding a Place to Sleep in Canberra



I've started to think that it might be time to start finding places to sleep while we're in Australia.

The other day, I looked into Canberra.

At first, I was very discouraged. I found a hotel within five miles of the tourist attractions I want us to see. The price LOOKED reasonable, but then when I plugged in our dates, it was very expensive.

I then remembered the whole holiday park thing! We stayed at a holiday park in Port Stephens and LOVED it.

We'll probably be a slightly larger distance away from tourist attractions, but I don't think it will be that much of a difference.

So, here are the two holiday parks I'm thinking we should stay at. Well, I mean we'd choose between the two. We won't be staying at both places.

Capital Country Holiday Village


The Carotel


I'm very excited about the idea of staying at another Holiday Park. It will be a bit different from Port Stephens because there we were lazy and didn't venture out much. We spent the whole time relaxing and just hanging out.

In Canberra, we're going to be very busy. I want to spend one day at the zoo, one day at Questacon, and one day at the National Museum of Australia.

But it will be nice to come home in the evening and hang out at the pool, meet people, look for kangaroos, etc.

I'm already a bit stressed out about the museums. I feel there will be so much to see, and that we really need five days EACH for both of them. If you think I'm being unrealistic....I'm the girl who went to Sydney Aquarium and Sydney Wildlife World almost everyday.

Oh well. I guess we can't have it all. Although we might add ONE extra day to Canberra.