We're Waiting....

Tim belongs to this video rental program from Blockbusters.  (hey, do you guys have Blockbuster in Australia???)  He picks DVDs online.  They mail it to him.  When he's done watching it, he mails it back, and they send him another DVD.

This is how we watched season two of Mcleod's Daughters. Thanks to Tim, we own season one.

Now we're waiting for season three.

The problem is it seems that someone has gotten season three and is not giving it back.   I can't really complain because Tim had the first two discs for season two and he gave me those the same day he gave me the purchased Season One DVD. We held on to season two while getting through all episodes of Season one. An episode a day. That's twenty-two days to get through season one and then four more days to get through the first disc of season two. So we held on to a disc for about 25 days or so. Hopefully, no one was waiting too eagerly for it.

I have no problems waiting for a month or so to see season three. What I worry about is someone having season three and well.....just having it.   Maybe they lost interest in the Blockbuster program, but they're too lazy to cancel it.  Maybe they have the DVD under a pile of papers with no interest or plans to send it back.

That would be sad.

I miss our show.

It was such a summer tradition.  Every night, we'd sit on the couch together and watch it together.

Please?  Hello?   If you're out there?  Someone?  Please return Season Three of McLeod's Daughters to Blockbuster. Please?   Please! I'll be your best friend and invite you to all my birthday parties.

16 comments:

  1. Season three is soo good! I can't wait to see what you think of it.

    I have a few friends who do the online movie thing and they seem to prefer netflics.

    On a side note, I have been watching the 8th season of Mcleods online for the last three weeks. Nine network put it on hold while the olympics are on and now it has been revealed that they will not bring it back until December!

    There is much outrage in the Mcleods community at the moment. What will I do until December?

    I guess it gives me time to master FInal Cut Express and make some more fan videos. Yes, I am a nerd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we do have blockbuster here. Unfortunately though we don't have it so they deliver to your house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darcy,

    Do you make fan videos??? Do you have any on youtube? I'd love to watch some.

    I know how to use Final Cut Express to make my own HOME movies....using footage from a video camera.

    I have no idea how to make videos with real movies and TV shows.

    How do you do that????


    Yikes about having to wait until December! I hate when TV shows do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Supermindy,

    Is Blockbuster the popular video store there or does Australia have their own popular video company??

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow its funny that you're only up to season three... season three is the really good one i think?
    is it the one with the brick story line? which season does claire leave in?
    i love mcleods!
    Waiting for the olympics to finish so that the final season episodes will come back on TV here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rinniez,

    I'm already seen all the Brick and Clair stuff on YouTube. Oh and also Becky's departure.

    I'm all emotionally prepared. Or not prepared.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Try and borrow Blue Heelers; if you haven't seen it it's a cop show set in a small country town.
    We swear the town was the criminal hot spot for all of Australia lol.

    Or A Country Practice - hospital/GP and vet practice set in a small country town. With a cop who lives with a wombat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jayne,

    You are SO awesome.

    I forwarded the info to my husband. I'll have him check with Blockbusters.

    I really want to see the wombat one.

    I'll have to tell my sister about it. She went to Australia after we did and ended up with this thing for Wombats.

    I really want to see a cop living with a wombat. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blockbusters is a fairly new hear (well, around 6 or 7 years old) and is slowly taking over all of the other video outlets... Video Ezy used to be the biggest chain, but my local one just became a Blockbusters.

    Thanks for stopping by. I am intrigued by your love of Australia. I am assuming that it is the geography more than anything else?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Christy,

    Thanks for the info!

    Yeah, I think my love for Australia is mostly geographical.

    Maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Season Three Mcleods Is So Cool And It's A Great Show

    Rating *****

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dina,

    I am only a beginner so be kind!

    http://www.youtube.com/user/darbysquelch

    That X-Files video is the first video I ever made. Making fan vids is fun, a little time consuming, but a great creative outlet. The thing that takes the longest is ripping footage from a DVD.

    Let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Darcy,

    You have tons of videos!!!

    I'm so excited. Jack and I are going to watch them.

    I bet they'll be great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Darcy,

    I watched two of the videos so far and I think you're AMAZING!!!

    You're VERY talented. Your videos are much better than a lot that I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Try Netflix for video renting
    http://www.netflix.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Doyle,

    Thanks for the suggestion!

    Great idea : )

    ReplyDelete