Grocery Store

We stopped at our neighborhood grocery store (Tom Thumb) before getting home.

I was excited to find pumpkin ravioli in the freezer section. I told Tim excitedly that they had Australian food. He thought it literally came came from Australia. I explained that I had just meant that pumpkin stuff reminds me so much of Australia.

A few minutes later we found Tim Tams! We've found them before in America....at Target. This is the first time I've seen them at Tom Thumb. The packaging for America is different. It's a Pepperidge Farm thing. The package looks typical Pepperidge Farm, and it says Australia's Favorite Cookie. I wonder if Pepperidge Farm has some connection to Campbell's Soup, because I think they're the ones that own Arnott's.

Okay. Yeah. Lord Wiki says they're owned by Campbell, so that makes sense. It's a shame they don't sell Tim Tams with the Australian packaging. Although maybe they figure Americans will more likely buy the cookies if the labeling looks familiar to them. But I think many Americans are eager to try something fun and different. I could be wrong.

I wish Pepperidge Farm would bring us some Shapes as well.

Anyway, after we picked up some Tim Tams (even though we still have some Australian ones left from before) we walked down another aisle. Tim pointed out another Australian thing. There were unrefrigerated eggs! We agreed that it probably wasn't there on purpose, though.




How would our world change if we knew for sure there was life after death, and it was easy for our dearly-beloved to talk to us via the Internet?   

The Dead are Online, a novel by Dina Roberts 

2 comments:

  1. I wonder why they can't use the Aussie Tim Tam packaging? All very strange, this corporate world.

    Happy 2010 to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. miss diarist:

    I don't know if they can't or won't. I personally think that they'd sell more if they used the Aussie packaging. It's more eye-catching. The Pepperidge Farm packaging looks like every other Pepperidge Farm cookie package. People are not going to take notice unless their Pepperidge Farm fans.

    Happy 2010 to you too!

    ReplyDelete