Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Terminal

It's time for another dream post.....

In the morning, I drive to the airport by myself (this is not realistic because I never drive to the airport. I'm too scared to drive on the highway.) I end up at this gate that leads to Australia. I'm not sure, but I THINK all you have to do to get to Australia is walk through this tunnel. It sounds simple enough. Who wouldn't do it? (But in the dream, it doesn't feel so simple) I feel a small temptation to do it, but it's like I know it really wouldn't be okay. There's a sense of I COULD do this, but I SHOULDN'T do it.

So I don't do it.


I start to leave the terminal. I look at the other people at the gate....wondering if any of them are Australian.

Then I decid to go home. The problem is I can't remember where I had parked. I'm totally lost. I feel nervous too because I realize that I have left my phone in the car. What if Tim and/or Jack want to reach me? I hadn't told them where I was going.

Then there is one of those dream-switch things

The airport is no longer an airport. It's a hospital. I'm lost in a hospital. The hospital has these pedestrian areas....places that visitors walk through. And then there are patient areas. I accidentally end up in the patient areas, and feel embarrassed. I feel like I'm trespassing.

I'm not sure what happened after that. I guess I somehow found my way back home, or the dream switched to something else.

In another dream.... 

I sit at my computer desk. Tim comes in with a surprise for me. He places it on the left corner of my desk. It's an airline ticket, but it's pretty much blank. Tim looks very pleased with himself. I try to act grateful, but I'm a bit confused. I look at the ticket. I figure it's a ticket for our next to Australia. It has some date on it that's slightly far in the future. I know we've talked about maybe waiting that long to go again, but I'm a little annoyed. What if I change my mind, and want to go sooner? I see on the ticket that it says I can use it to go any place in the world I want. This also annoys me. I feel it's more pressure to like something else besides Australia. I would prefer that Tim (and his gift) assume it will still be all about Australia.

I'm also confused about the ticket. Is it a real ticket? Can you do that....buy a blank ticket to use in the future? I worry a bit. It must have been expensive. What if I lose it? But then I'm thinking maybe it's just a blank ticket that Tim picked up. Maybe it's just a symbolic gift.

Then just before waking later in the morning..... In my dream, I had these Jewel song lyrics going through my head.

If I could tell the world just one thing
It would be that we're all OK
And not to worry 'cause worry is wasteful
And useless in times like these