You Put Your Peanut Butter In My Chocolate

In America, we have an awesome candy called Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

In some of the old commercials for the product, there'd be an accident; and chocolate and peanut butter would come together. The owners of the chocolate and peanut butter would taste the new concoction, and like it.

I don't know. Maybe back then, chocolate and peanut butter mixed together seemed unusual. Here in America, it's now quite commonplace.

These days, if you want to get exotic with your chocolate, you have to mix it with bacon or cayenne pepper.

So....

We can mix two types of food and get something great.

Can we do the same with politics?

Maybe.

A Member of Parliament thinks the election issue should be settled by forming some kind of combination government. Instead of having Labor or Liberal in the throne, you have a ministry made up of Labor, Liberal, and other.

I'm not sure how it would all work though.

Would Australia have no Prime Minister then?

Or would there be a Prime Minister from one of the parties, but his or her Ministry is made up of both parties?

The MP who came up with this fun plan is Rob Oakeshott. I'm looking at his website now.

If I was a movie casting director, I'd give Oakeshott the role of newscaster...probably in sports. That's what he looks like to me. Or I'd put him in a romantic-comedy. He'd play the leading man, and he'd meet the leading lady at a company picnic. They'd be put together for a three-legged-race.

Oakeshott is an Independent. I'm not sure if he leans to the left or right.

I do know he makes vegetable pie, though.

Is that like a meat pie, but with vegetables?

Why doesn't he add meat?

Could he be a vegetarian? That would be cool....to me. But I shouldn't make assumptions.

This page of his site has an article saying that Oakeshott wears a tracking device so people can know where he is at all times.

What is the deal with this?

Why are people wanting to be tracked?

It's on Facebook now. You can let your 300 friends know exactly where you are at every moment.

I may be a bit paranoid, but I get nervous about stalkers and all that.

I don't know. Maybe the voting public has a right to know where they're representatives are all day. It kind of seems like an invasion of privacy to me, though.

Anyway, I was just curious about who this guy was.....since I liked his idea.

I think a LOT of us (whether American, Australian, or whatever) are sick of party politics.

It seems more could be done if we stop that game. I could be wrong, though. Maybe it would make things worse. But if it does, we could always go back to the old ways.