So I'm Taking It Back. I'm Taking Them All Back

Okay. Yeah.  I'm being spiteful.  What can I say? I'm in that kind of mood.

I just got an email offering to do a small Fort Worth only birthday celebration. This would be my parents, but no sisters, cousins, in-laws, nieces, nephews, etc. I politely turned it down because Tim, Jack, and I already have plans.  We're going to push past the hoards of people seeing Harry Potter, and go see Megamind.  I thought it looked fun.

Anyway,  I was told we are NOT celebrating my birthday at the lake house because we're no longer doing adult birthdays as the whole family.  We decided this last year, and I was happy with the decision.  But since then we've been pressured to get together for my mom's birthday, Tim's birthday, my sister's birthday (although it didn't happen because the birthday girl herself couldn't make it), and we celebrated my cousin's birthday. As far as I know, they're all adults.

I guess I'm different for some reason.

It's not that I wanted a big celebration. I don't like cake much.  I don't often care about gifts.  But it would have been nice to do a little birthday thing with me sharing the Australian food; you know because Australia is important to me, and all that.

I think now I'll keep the food for the three of us.  Or maybe I'll share it with our homeschooling friends.  We might get together with them soon.

My family won't suffer from the loss of Aussie biscuits and lollies.  And I'm not worse off for not having a whole-family birthday celebration.  But it's the principle of the whole thing.  

Okay.  Yeah.   My feelings are hurt.  But no big deal.  I'm used to it. And like my new wise friend said....these types of problems are not third world problems.  I'm lucky to be able to sit here and moan about trivial stuff like that.   

And to punish my family, I'm going to go through with my wicked plan.  I was just joking about it before, but now I might actually go through with it. See, when Tim's grandma died, we started talking about memorial services and all that.  I got morbid and start planning my own death.   I said I want to be cremated, and my ashes thrown into the sea.  That COULD be easy, but I'm going to make it difficult.   I'm going to request that my ashes go to Australia (of course!)   But I'm not going to make it Sydney.  No I'm going to request that my ashes be thrown somewhere out in the beaches of Western Australia.   That way my family has to take a long flight after the very very long flight.  Then I'm going to make sure the beach is a LONG drive away from the airport.  I'm going to make my death a huge hassle.  If I'm lucky enough to live past 75 or so, I'll probably be nice to Jack and the grand kids; plan something easy, local, and fun.  The wicked plans applies only if I die tragically young.