Our Pretend Australia Trip Day 24 Yanakie

We're now in Yanakie, Victoria. 

It's right near Wilson's Promontory.

We stopped in Sale on the way there.  We got some Indian food,  and also hung out a bit on a street with lots of shops. We went to a bookstore, a toy store, a pet store, a game store, an electronic store, and a discount store.

Jack bought one of his cousins a little kangaroo stuffed animal.

I almost bought a 2012 Australian wall calendar that was on sale.  But I didn't.

I wasn't really in the mood to buy anything.

We arrived at our cottage around 3:00.

We checked in.

We unpacked.

Now I'm writing.

It seems a bit isolated here.

There's lots of trees, cows, and grass in the area....not much else.

It seems very rural.

* * *

I don't know if I'm in a rural mood.

My luck, I'll be in a rural mood next week, when we're in Melbourne.

* * *

We went and bought a few food things at the Yanakie General Store.

We got a package of Arnott's Assorted Creams, milk, butter, cheese, and tomato sauce.

Now we can have toast with butter.

And Tim might make pizza.

* * *

I forgot.

We also shared a lime ice-cream thing.  

That was pretty nice.  

* * *

I'm bored.

I feel trapped.

It's too quiet around here.

* * *

Now I'm happier.

I decided to sit outside alone and read my book.

My book wasn't too exciting.

But then a parrot came on the porch.

I think it was a Crimson Rosella.

* * *

Jack and I took a walk together around the property.

We saw lots of cows. That was cool.

We also saw a bunch of Galahs in a tree. 

I liked that.

* * *

We took another walk with Tim.

We saw the owners of the property and chatted with them a bit.  They told us that the 2009 fires were really hard for them.  Parts of Wilson's Promontory were closed, and that affected tourism.

They've had it rough for awhile.

Oh, and then there were storms last March that closed parts of the park.

Some parts are still closed, so we'll have to work around that.  

* * *

I was thinking....

In my next life I'd like to be an Australian bird.

* * *

Wait...let me clarify.

I want to be a FREE Australian bird in Australia.

I would hate to be an Australian bird stuck in an American zoo.

That would be a tragedy.

* * *

We had our pizza and cookies.

We argued a bit about eating outside or inside.

Tim wanted to eat outside.

Jack wanted to eat inside.

I felt caught in the middle.

Jack got mad at me...because I'm an annoying mother.

We ended up compromising.

We ate pizza inside, and we ate cookies outside.

It wasn't really as nice as it should have been.

* * *

Tim and Jack are asleep.

I'm still awake.

I'm wondering if there are Dementors hovering above, because I'm suddenly in a really dark mood.

I don't know why.

I had a bad feeling about things, and then I had this feeling of....

I don't know. 

It's hard to explain.

It started with me losing my happiness about being here.  I just suddenly didn't care. I didn't even care about the birds.

Then I lost my happiness about being in Australia period.

Yet I'm not happy about the thought of going home.

* * *

You know what it's like....

It's the same feeling I get when I watch a really dark and depressing horror movie like The Ring.

I really have no idea why I'm upset.

Maybe it's the feeling of isolation here?

Maybe the arguing got to me?

* * *

I went outside and sat on the porch.   I looked at the stars and had a good cry.

The crying didn't really make me feel better.

But the stars were lovely.

I think tomorrow I will probably feel better.

Night can be depressing for me sometimes.  But usually the morning sunlight makes things seem much better.



NOTE:  This trip journal is fictional.   We are not really in Australia.  Some stuff in these posts are based on research.  Some stuff is based on my reality.  Some stuff is based on past experiences. And some stuff is based on fantasy.   

The non-trip journal posts ARE true and real…except for my dreams (which are written in purple). 
Oh...and also....my 2009 trip reports are about a real trip to Australia.  That's all true too. 

2 comments:

  1. "Wait...let me clarify. I want to be a FREE Australian bird in Australia." The mark of an imaginative writer- adding stipulations and clarifications to the wish fulfillment scenario suggested- just in case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Thank you. I think this is VERY important. You got to be specific with wishes!

      Delete