Saturday, June 9, 2012

American News From Australia

I have three news widget on my iGoogle page.  One is from ABC; one's from The Sydney Morning Herald; and the other is a top news widget from Google itself.  The latter is where I get my American news.  It comes from various sources.

When I looked there a few minutes ago, there was an article from The Australian.   You'd think it would be Australian news. But it's not.   It's about the Miami face-eating attack. Although now it's come to light that it was a face-biting thing and not a face-eating thing. 

Anyway.....

The Google news widget has a link which lists all articles about the subject.  There's 234 articles. It's interesting that they put the Australian one on display.

Maybe it's because of me?   It could be one of those customization things.  Although as far as I can remember, the widget doesn't often display things from Australian news sources. 

One of the funniest things I've seen on the Google News widget was an article saying Utah was going to have nice sunny weather. It was so random.   Maybe Google News knows I have a friend in Utah?

I'm joking, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone told me there's merit to my idea. 

Back to the news thing.

I'm wondering.....

Do any of you use iGoogle on a regular basis?   If you do, what are your favorite widgets?   Do you have any that provide news stories?  

Also....What's your main news source?   How do you keep up to date?   Or do you try to avoid all that?