Cookies on Offspring

I just finished watching episode 5 of Offspring.  I was surprised to hear them using the word "cookie".

I know a lot of American words are being used in Australia, but I didn't know cookie was one of them.

For balance, I'll report that this weekend I asked Jack what he wanted for brekkie.

Speaking of Americans, this week on my Home and Away episodes, a dorky American family visited Summer Bay in search of the Summer Bay bunyip.  I was curious if the actors were Australian or American, so I did a little research.

The father of the family was played by a guy named Lance Strauss. Strauss has an Elton John tribute band called Elton Jack.    He was born in the United States and moved to Australia when he was a teen.

Back to Offspring....

I thought it was another well-done episode.  Sad, funny, and beautiful.

I had low hopes for this season, and I'm glad my expectations were wrong.   

No comments:

Post a Comment