Finished Reading the Book

I finished reading the Heath Ledger book.

It was good.

And sad.

There was some kind of financial controversy involving the family that went over my head.

The most interesting fact to me was that Busy Phillips is the godmother of Matilda Ledger. We watched Phillips in Freaks and Geeks.

Another thing interesting is the book says Michelle Williams got the idea for the Matilda name from the Roald Dahl story. That surprised me. I had figured the name was a reference to "Waltzing Matilda".

Then again, names can have multiple explanations—ones that please a variety of people.

Our Jack is named Jack because I liked it after seeing Hook. The son of Peter Pan had the name. Then Tim liked it because he was a fan of Jackie Chan.

My grandfather was named Jack, so my father and his siblings were quite pleased with the name. Then also, Tim's father had a Jack in his family. I think he too was touched by the name choice.

As for the death of Heath Ledger, the book probably raises more questions than it answers. Well, there are a lot of answers, but they often contradict each other.

In the end, I'd conclude simply that life and emotions can be really difficult, sometimes unfortunately to the point that they kill you.

It's a blessing to be able to sleep well and wake up feeling decent in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment