Sunday, November 23, 2014

Birthday Fun

Yesterday was my birthday, and it was a nice mixture of Australia and BBC love.

Thanks to Chef Tim we ate pies and Pavlova while watching Doctor Who, Torchwood, and then the Catherine Tate Show.

I was a bit apathetic about the Pavlova at first, because I was totally not in the mood for fruit. I have a weird relationship with fruit. Sometimes I love it...almost too much. I can have strong cravings sometimes. Other times, I'll get really tired of it. I had an apple in the morning, raisins for a snack, and after that felt blah about fruit. Then Tim came home with all this fruit—strawberries, cherries, and grapes. Usually, I'd be thrilled about it. But this time I wasn't. 

He later revealed he was making Pavlova, and I couldn't get myself to look forward to it. Just because I was not in a fruit mood.

But fortunately, the bad feelings towards fruit lifted by dinner.  I ended up loving the Pavlova, and I look forward to eating the leftovers today. 

Oh...in case you're wondering. The grapes weren't for the Pavlova. That was just an extra bonus. Although I suppose you could put grapes on Pavlova. Why not?