Oscar's Wallet, Mystery, Attractiveness, and Confidence

1. Started to watch an episode of Home and Away.

2. Intrigued by the mysterious thing that Maddie (Kassandra Clementi) found in Oscar's (Jake Speer) wallet.

It's some kind of card.

What's that all about?

3. Learned the big secret thing was a condom.

I was wrong about the card, I suppose.

Anyway, I think that's a bit disappointing. I was hoping for something more shocking and mysterious.

4. Read article about Tony Abbott doing karaoke and then watched a video of him singing "Country Road".

That's cute.

My family sings that song sometimes.

5. Finished watching the episode of Home and Away.

6. Started watching Kill Me Three Times.

7. Saw some comedy in the film.

It didn't make me laugh, or even smile.

I don't think this movie and I are going to get along.

8. Thought that the movie is annoying because the characters are plotting something, but I have no idea what that is. They're being too mysterious.

9. Saw that I'm only about eighteen minutes into the film.

I guess that's not too long to keep me in the dark.

10. Saw that the story in the movie is being told backwards. So, that's why there's confusion in the beginning.

Now questions are being answered, and I'm disliking the film a little less.

11. Felt bad for Alice (Alice Braga) because her partner Jack (Callan Mulvey) says he'd rather see her dead than with someone else.

I feel lucky that I've never had anyone like that in my life.

Even men as attractive as Mulvey stop looking attractive when they're being controlling and possessive.  

12.  Realized I DO still find Mulvey's accent attractive.

So maybe a a scary possessive person's appearance is ugly to me, but I might still like their voice.

I don't know what that says about me, but I'm pretty sure it's not a good thing.

13. Thought that Nathan (Sullivan Stapleton) is attractive in a Clark Kent kind of way.

He's very nervous and is lacking in confidence. I kind of like that about him.

Today I read an article that says Cupid.com did a study that found the trait people most find attractive is confidence.

14. Tried to find the article online, so I could link to it. But I can't.

Before I read it on my iPhone news app. It's from People Magazine.  Maybe it's possible to get their articles on the phone but not on a laptop?

15. Found the article.

I just had to go to the People website directly rather than Googling.

ANYWAY....

The article says that both men and women are attracted to people with confidence. They define confidence as Assertive: knows what they want: has high self-worth.

I personally don't find that very attractive. Though I feel kind of awful for finding a person with low-confidence attractive.

16. Worried about myself—that I would find someone with such low confidence attractive. I think that's a bit disturbing.

17. Felt that, for the most part, I prefer people that have medium confidence. They're assertive when they really need to be.They have an idea of what they want, but they're not 100% sure they want, and they're definitely not sure they have the power to get it.

As for self-worth, I prefer it to be not too high or too low. I want someone in the medium-range...though I'd probably prefer low-medium over high-medium.

18. Thought more about Nathan.

What he's nervous about is participating in harmful and criminal activity. So MAYBE it's okay that I'm attracted to that.  Being nervous, and lacking confidence, about doing bad things is probably a positive trait.

If I liked when people were very nervous in most situations, I think it might mean I have a domineering personality.

19. Thought more about confidence.

I think it can be attractive if it's done in a quiet way. There could be a person who has high self-esteem. They rarely brag, though, because they don't need that kind of self-assurance. They don't post a lot of selfies.They don't overshare on Facebook or Twitter.  They don't ramble on and on about themselves.

They love themselves and have confidence, but they rarely advertise it.

I think I could find that kind of person attractive.

20. Wished I could be that kind of person, but I'd have to quit my blog. And I don't want to do that.

Plus, with or without my blog, I don't think I'm a person with high confidence. I'm pretty medium when it comes to that.



How would our world change if we knew for sure there was life after death, and it was easy for our dearly-departed to talk to us via the Internet?   

The Dead are Online, a novel by Dina Roberts