Enemies Becoming Friends

On the episodes of Packed to the Rafters I've been watching, there has been two instances where there was bad blood between people; then they became friends...or friendly towards each other.

Julie (Rebecca Gibney) meets Donna, her son's new boss, (Merridy Eastman), and the two do NOT hit it off. They bitch at each other. There's an attempt at an apology. That makes things worse. But then....

They end up being friends.

Grandpa Ted (Michael Caton) is not happy with Grandpa Tom (John Howard) moving into the Rafter home.  The two of them don't get along.  Then in the last episode I watched, the ice between them begins to melt.  

I really love storylines like this. I have a soft spot for things like reconciliation, redemption, enemy-ship turning into friendship, etc. 

But yesterday I started asking myself...has this EVER happened to me in my life.

Have I ever had bad blood with someone that eventually turned into good blood?  

The closest thing I could come up with is that I had met someone through blogging, and we commented on each other's blog on a fairly regular basis. There wasn't really bad blood or good blood initially.  It was neutral blood. Then after commenting for a bit of time, she left a comment that really offended me. I went as far as deleting it...which I rarely do do comments that are not spam.  

We eventually got through that drama and ended up becoming friends/email pals.  

I think that's the best I have.

Usually, sadly, it's the opposite. I have more cases of good blood turning into bad blood. It has happened to me at least five times with this blog. FIVE TIMES! That can't be normal.

Am I attracting the wrong people?

Is there something inherently wrong in my personality? 

It could be a combination of both things.

Honestly, I feel the problem was much more them than me.  But that might be arrogance on my part and MAYBE part of the reason that I seem to have the magical power of turning "friends" into "enemies".

Anyway...I've pretty much given up on the whole friendship thing.  I have my family. I have some lovely acquaintances. I have some long-term distant-type-friendships with people I rarely talk to but still keep close to my heart. At this point, I feel that's all I need.  

Less close relationships equal less drama and more time for me to watch my favorite TV shows. I LIKE this life.  

When I first started this blog, I was so excited and eager to meet new friends. Now my feelings about that have very much changed.  This is one of the reasons I no longer provide my email address on my blog.  I'm trying to protect myself from people. AND...I guess I might also be protecting people from myself.  



How would our world change if we knew for sure there was life after death, and it was easy for our dearly-departed to talk to us via the Internet?   

The Dead are Online, a novel by Dina Roberts