The Flowery Journal My Sister Gave Me (Part 9)

The journal continues.

Note: Blue is what is printed in the journal. Green is what I wrote (in 1996)



Oh wait!  I see on this page that I filled some things out AFTER 1996. I went back and wrote some things in 2001.

The first time I felt as if I were no longer a child was when-Hasn't happened yet. And still hasn't happened yet (April 2001)  

I think I wrote the first sentence above in 1996 (or later), and then the other part was written in 2001.

As for now? How about I say, I feel like an adult who has a strong inner child.

Being older brought these changes in my lifeBetter self-esteem. Bigger breasts. Chubbier thighs. More intelligence. More confidence. More memories of the past. 

I was confused about the last line at first. But now I'm thinking I might have meant that the older you are, the longer your past is. And that would equal more memories.

When I was fifteen, I had memories of only about 12 years. Now that I'm 45, I have memories from my earlier 40's, my 30's, 20's, teen years, and childhood. 

Important physical changes-dry skin, not as thin anymore. Bigger breasts, menstruation.

How I felt about these changes-I hated all of them.

I still struggle with the desire to be thin.

I still strongly hate menstruation.  

I'm fine with dry skin, because I have lotion to see me through the tough times.  

I was now aware of-the fact that Michael Jackson was not the decent human being I had learned him to be.

Really? But in an earlier diary, I had seemed totally fine with Woody Allen.

Maybe some racism there? 

It could have also been me being silly/sarcastic. I think the journal had wanted me to say something deep, but instead I wrote some random thing.

I don't really remember being caught up in the Michael Jackson pedophile drama. I don't think it ever strongly occupied my mind.

What had become important to me- Writing and finding a cure for CF

I'm guessing I was choosing to use this page to talk about my middle school years.  Even though I felt I hadn't left childhood when I started middle school. I think I understood that this was the time period that he journal questions were referring to.  

But yeah. It was seventh grade when I became passionate about CF and writing.

What I liked doing most-Writing, reading, seeing movies. 

The hardest part of growing up-Not being able to play Barbies anymore. Getting clothes for Chanukah instead of toys.

I should have just kept playing Barbies.  

Now I'd probably prefer getting chocolate over toys AND clothes.

And I like make-up.  

But sometimes I like clothes and/or toys.  



Click HERE for the index to my diary/journal posts.