A Vampire Visits Portwenn

I've been watching season 3 of Doc Marten.

I was very pleased and very surprised to suddenly see the vampire Niklaus in Doc Marten's clinic.

I understand why I was pleased.

I'm not sure why I was so surprised.

And for a split second, I had this thought of why is an American on a British TV show? Because they usually are not.

Except Joseph Morgan is NOT American. And why I should think that is beyond me, because his character on The Originals actually has a British accent.

Plus, most of the main characters on The Originals are not played by Americans.

One thing I'm thinking is that, besides Stephanie Cole, who I knew from Coronation Street, and Katherine Parkinson, who I know from The IT Crowd, most of the actors are new to me.  I know them only from Doc Marten. So I think when that happens, the town and characters feel more...real?

I don't know.

I probably can't excuse my feelings of surprise.

But it felt like....

Maybe it's like going to your neighborhood grocery store and seeing your favorite cousin, who lives in Morocco, walking down the aisle.

What are you doing here!?