Australian Food

I did something today that I haven't done in a long time.

I ordered a package of Australian food.

Why haven't I done that in awhile?

Because A) I'm much less obsessed with Australia and B) When we want international food (including Australian) we pick it up at World Market.

A few months ago, we talked about ordering for a change, but none of us got around to actually doing it.

Today I finally did it. 

After completing my order and paying for it, I remembered that it's probably a good idea to make it a very occasional kind of thing. The delivery price is expensive!!  Well, at least it is compared to Amazon Prime. I'm so used to getting free deliveries. 

I know not every company has the billions-of-dollars ability to offer free delivery. I think we need to make a point of supporting NOT-Amazon delivery.

But I do wish Aussie Food Express offered one of those free deliveries if you spend a certain amount. Because I think I'd be willing to spend that amount.

It wouldn't be hard, because there are bags of candy on there that cost 8 dollars. And I don't think they're big bags. 

I bought one 8 dollar bag of candy. I was about to buy two, because I misread the price. I was going to get Allen's Party Mix AND Allen's Retro Party Mix.  I ended up getting only the regular party mix.

I also ordered two boxes of Shapes—pizza flavor and bacon and cheese.

From the Clearance section, I got Iced Vo Vo's, Marie cookies, and Mango licorice. Although now I see the price has been reduced even more!  Reduced and sold out for the Iced Vo Vo's.  When I ordered, it was 2 dollar something. Now it's 97 cents.

I also got another party mix; this one from a company called Lolliland.  I don't think I've ever heard of that. It's three dollars cheaper than the Allens, so I guess it's a generic-type brand. We used to get stuff from...I think it's Black and Yellow?  I wonder if that's still around at all. 

Well, I just Googled. It's Black and Gold, not Black and Yellow.

I don't think the Aussie Food Express has anything from there.

Now I'm looking at the Lolliland website.  It's a wholesaler.  Hopefully we'll like their party mix better than Allens. If we do, then next time we order Australian food, maybe we'll just stick to Lolliland. 

I was just thinking of Amazon and...well, delivery is not exactly free, because you have to join Amazon Prime.  BUT that also includes some of the TV shows we watch. So we can kind of think of it as we ordered their streaming service and as a bonus we get free delivery of stuff.

We don't get any free delivery from Hulu, Netflix, or Disney Plus. 

2 comments:

  1. You should come to Australia with an empty suitcase so you can fill up much more cheaply.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barney,

    Yes. Definitely. We never did the empty suitcase thing, but we did buy a lot of food to take home with us. Although...I think it seemed like a lot when we'd buy it. Then later we'd run out and probably wished we had bought more.

    ReplyDelete