Hardly Any New Cases and No New Deaths

I checked to see if Tarrant County ever ended up finally updating their site for yesterday (July 27). 

The site says they did.

But things look suspicious to me.

First I saw the Covid hospital beds. That went down quite a bit, but the difference wasn't shocking. It went from 622 to 573.  I didn't think much of that.

But then I went to the zip codes page.

Our zip code went up only one...from 270 to 271. 

That wasn't too surprising either, though. Our case count doesn't jump too much. The differences day by day are usually higher than just one, but they're usually under 10.  

The thing that looks more suspicious is our lake house zip code. From July 26-27, it moved up six spaces from 272 to 278.  

Usually, there are much bigger jumps.  

Actually I should just go ahead and find out the average. That would be the sensible, responsible thing to do.

Okay....

I went through and set up the numbers, so it's easier for me to get an average.

I haven't done that yet. But I will in a minute.

Two things I noticed, though.

First of all, the big daily jumps didn't begin when I first started keeping track on June 9.  Until June 25, most of the jumps were under five.

The other thing I noticed is I think I miswrote the numbers one of the days, because it went down instead of up—from July 17 to July 18, I have the numbers going from 537 to 535.  ???????  I don't know what's up with that.  But I'm leaving it out of the average, along with July 18 and July 19, since that probably won't be accurate either.  

Okay...I calculated the average. Twice. Because I messed up.

I might have messed up again, but I'm not going to count again. I'm too tired.  I suck at playing mathematician. 

But if I'm right, the average was 13. 

Some of the highest numbers include: 20, 37, 24, 17, 17, 24, 19, 19, 18, 22, 26, and 17.  And then there were some numbers in the mid-teens and some lower ones.

I think, though, that I AM right about yesterday's difference from the day before being lower than usual.  

And then there's the deaths.

We have 0 recorded for July 27.

That's definitely unusual.

Well...not that unusual.  I'm now seeing that we also recorded no deaths on July 13. 

 Lately, though, there have been more deaths than usual. So the zero seems especially suspicious.

On July 25, we had 15 deaths, which I think was a record.

Before that, we had 10 deaths, and the day before that we had 9.

We've also had a scary jump in young deaths (25-44).  We had stayed study at 16 deaths for many days. Then between July 19 and now, it jumped up to 20.  

I'm thinking this is how the death thing is going to go:

Boomers and the Silent Generation are most likely to have a deadly outcome when they contract the virus. And the nursing homes were a double whammy, because it's easy to spread germs there.  But now I think nursing homes are being more careful and more and more old people are staying home if possible.  

Generation X are in less danger from the virus but so many of them were out and about at their essential jobs in March, April, and May. So statistics were working against them. Tim is the one who pointed this out to me. What age are most of the essential workers going to be?  

Millennials and Generation Z have a very, very low chance of dying from the virus. But it seems they've been partying a lot lately. And now many of them are going back to school.....

I don't think we'll see a huge increase in their deaths. However, I think there will be SOME increase. The thing is.... Though their youthful, healthy bodies help to keep them safe from dying of Covid 19; I think hiding safe away at home also helped these generations keep their death numbers down.

And of course, as many of us keep saying, it's NOT just about death.

People sometimes seem to forget that it's not a matter of a few sniffles vs. dying because your whole body has turned into a mass of blood clots.  There are a lot of scary in-betweens.

I wonder, for these scary in-betweens, how many people will end up in the mode of what-doesn't-kill-you-makes-you-stronger. And how many will end up with lifelong psychological struggles because of their severe illness and/or hospital experiences?  

Well....it's a few hours later. Tim asked what I was writing about. I told him, and he says he thought he heard there were 28 deaths in Tarrant County. I'll have to look at the news to see if that's true.  

Well, I don't see anything about that. But there IS an article saying that Tarrant County reports no new deaths for the first time in a month.  

Could it be that death took a holiday? At least in Tarrant County?

Or could it be that reporting took a holiday?

I think I'd be more willing to fully believe in the former if I didn't also see the mysterious low lake house zip code increase.  

But who knows......

Well, I just checked.

The stats for today (July 28) are up.  

I'll see what that looks like.  

Covid occupied hospital beds have gone back up to what they were on the 26th...well, close to it. It was 622, and now it's 620.  Between those days, it was 573. 

What's up with that????

Maybe 40 or so of them left the hospital for a day trip?  

Disappeared into a time warp?

Hospital beds have been added to the capacity. I haven't been keeping track of that number, but I do know it's lower than it was before. Anyway, that has brought down the percentage of not-available beds. Yesterday, it was 71%, and today it's 68%.  

Our zip code has gone up by four from 271 to 275.

The lake house zip code is back to doing its big jumps. They've jumped 21 cases—678 to 699.

There was one death reported today.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment