Travis Van Winkle Looks Familar

Yesterday I had another one of my useless psychic moments.

I was watching an episode of The Last Ship when suddenly Travis Van Winkle looked very familar to me.

Well, he SHOULD look familar to me, because he's one of the stars of the show, and I'm already on season 2.

But no.

I suddenly got this idea that he was on another show I've watched. I had a vague feeling it was Hart of Dixie. 

So...I went to check.

And guess what.

He WAS on Hart of Dixie.

Except he doesn't come on until the middle of season 2.

I've seen only season 1.

And I don't think I've watched any previews or behind the scenes stuff regarding season 2. I don't think I've even watched behind the scenes stuff for season 1. 

Anyway, I tend to have these moments.

It seems pretty psychic. But also...very pointless.

I think the most logical explanation is a multi-verse type of thing...one in which worlds sometimes bleed into each other. So Dina in another one of the worlds has already seen season 2 of Hart of Dixie. Her memories bled into my brain, and that's why I had that recognition feeling.

The other explanation is that IMDb made a mistake and that Travis Van Winkle actually did appear in season 1. But I doubt it, because his character's last name is Breeland. I definitely remember the Breeland family, but I don't remember his character (Jonah Breeland). Though it is possible, I've just forgotten. 

4 comments:

  1. I think the fact that your “most logical explanation“ involves a multiverse is the clearest reason I enjoy your writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I hope and assume that means you agree with me. This imagined agreement is one of the reasons I probably like your writing. But mostly I love all the details you provide. The Powerade. Tim bought generic drinks that look like Powerade, and I immediately thought of you.

      And...the evening hot chocolates. The coordinating T-shirts with character encounters.

      The FACT that you talk to characters...which is very nice for me, because we never do. We're too shy. So I live vicariously through you guys.

      I love that you cling to old park and attraction names. Because I do that.

      I love that you honor your dad by doing things like the Figment conductor thing. Or I think it was that? It was something in The Imagination Pavilion.

      I love how you described your excitement of seeing glimpses of Star Wars Land. I think it was on the Slinky Dog roller coaster.

      Rosa's love of Starbucks and shopping...her poor broken toes.

      Annabelle and her enthusiasm for pin-trading. Her dark humor on the scary Peru bus ride.

      Your sister naming her kids after Sleeping Beauty characters.

      More people should be reading your writing....especially Disney fans.

      You, Rosa, Annabelle, your mom, Aurora, Morgan Kim, Dave...(whoever else I forgot). They have been some of my favorite characters this summer.

      Delete
    2. Just wanted to clarify...when I say characters, I don't mean to imply that you all are fiction. Though, you MIGHT be fictional characters in a different universe that became real in this universe. Just saying.....

      Delete
    3. Wow. I was going for big picture stuff, but that response kind of floored me, so I'll simply say thank you very much, and restate how much it means.

      I'm pretty sure we're both not characters in eachother's blogs...but then how would a fictional character know that? Looking forward to returning to your threads now that the storm is in the rear view mirror and power and internet have returned.

      Delete