Livejournal Friends

I've started to read the Livejournals of people who were my Livejournal Friends from around 2005-2008.

I've been reading MY journals for the past few years...bonding with my past selves.

Then a few months ago, I started reading the comments from my Livejournal friends.  I realized I had forgotten most of what I had learned about their lives.  It made me feel self-centered and also worried that I had been self-centered back in the days when reading their journals.  Some of these people gave me so much support. I worried that I hadn't done the same for them.  I might have, though. Hopefully.

Anyway, I think the mix of guilt and curiosity made me want to go back and read their journals...starting from the beginning of their journals.  I've seen a few comments so far from myself...in one of the journals which makes me feel better.  

The main reason I'm probably not yet seeing comments from me in the other journals is I'm reading entries either written before I joined Livejournal or before I added the person as a friend.  

I have one Livejournal friend who grew into a real life friend. I haven't started re-reading her journal yet. I'm not sure if that would be intrusive or not.  Public entries...no.  But we also shared private entries with our Livejournal friends.  

For some reason that I can't remember, at one point, in the past, I knocked off all the people from my friend's list. Although recently, for some reason, I added back one of the friends.  I mean within the last few weeks I did this.  I have no idea why. And I don't really remember doing it.  

Anyway...I DO remember that for the protection of privacy of certain family members, I changed the default protection of my posts from public to friends-only.  So now there's only one person in the world who can read the entries besides me. And here I have no idea why I granted this one person such permission.  I'm not sure she will ever even come on Livejournal.  But if she does, I wonder if she will ever see and wonder why she's my only Livejournal friend.  

I feel like this post has turned into some kind of taunting.  Ha ha. I'm reading people's journals and they can't read mine.  

But no.  What I most want to say is that I am loving their journals. It's bringing me a lot of joy. I love reading about their lives and am grateful that I decided to do this.   



No comments:

Post a Comment