These are the things that I'm thankful for. Yeah, I have to post them here on Thanksgiving cause it seems unlikely I'm ever going to win an Academy Award or anything.
1. I'm thankful for my son Jack. I've never loved anyone as much as I love him. He's the best thing that has ever happened to me. He's adorable, brilliant, so sweet, and hilarious. I love a LOT of people, but none of that love can compare to the love I feel for my child.
2. I'm thankful for my husband. We've had some very rough times, but I think/hope things might be getting better for us.
3. I'm thankful for my relatives--my parents, sisters, cousins, aunts, uncles, and in-laws. They drive me nuts (probably literally) sometimes. But I often have SO much fun with them. They've given me so much, and I'll always love them.
4. I'm thankful that my baby sister is pregnant!!!!!!
5. I'm thankful that Obama is going to be our new president. Okay, confession here. I'm writing this two days before the election. I'm kinda making some assumptions. If something goes wrong, I guess I'll delete this and put something in its place.
6 . I'm thankful for Powell Books and all the Australian books I was able to buy!
7. I'm thankful we were able to visit Australia last December and I'm thankful that we're going back in February. I DO know how lucky we are.
8. I'm thankful that my son has FINALLY become a bookworm.
9. I'm thankful for all the belly laughs this year.
10. I'm thankful for all the new music I discovered....so many beautiful songs.
11. I'm thankful that I've become closer to our homeschooling friends in Texas. And I'm thankful to those few people in my life I didn't meet through the Internet ; ) Although now that I think of it, I actually did meet my Texas friend via the Internet. Okay, but I actually do have some friends that I met the old-fashion way.
12. I'm thankful for my spirituality.
13. I'm thankful for all the crazy fun dreams I have each night.
14. I'm thankful to be ALIVE (long story there. Best not to ask)
15. I'm thankful for my cuddly cats, the cute lizards outside, and all the other creatures I see on a regular basis.
16. I'm thankful that for the most part this has been a healthy year for my family. I hope it stays that way.
17. I'm thankful that I learned SO much this year. I'm feeling so damn educated.
18. I'm thankful to my Livejournal friends--especially the ones who followed me to Facebook and then to Blogger. I'm sorry I kept disappearing. Thanks for sticking with me.
19. I'm thankful to the people who I met on Facebook--especially Suzanne who became the best friend I've been longing for.
20. I'm thankful towards those people who are no longer my friends. Some of them merely drifted out of my life and some vanished with quite the bang. Although we're not friends right now, I still have fond memories of some of our time together. I hold you in my thoughts and pray that one day our hearts will be reunited.
21. I'm thankful to all the people I'm meeting through this blog. I know I haven't known you guys long, but I already find myself loving all of you.
22. I'm thankful for this blog. It's not just a hobby for me. In some ways, I think it saved me from a lot of emotional turmoil. Well, no. I've had a TON of emotional turmoil this year, but I think this blog saved me from losing my mind. It kept me happy when I could have fallen into deep despair. AND..... At a time that I was feeling lost and homesick for a country that wasn't even my own--it gave me a sense of purpose. It gave me hope.
And now I shall list the things I am NOT thankful for.
I'm joking....although that WOULD be fun.