Monday, August 13, 2012

The Lord Wiki Game

Jack found a fantastic game today.

It involves Lord Wiki.

This is what you do.

You go to Lord Wiki's site. Then you think of a topic.

You click on random site.  You go there. Then you click and click until you get to your topic.

The most recent one we did together was the Wimpy Kid books. We had to get there from the co-inventor of the dye laser, F.P. Schaefer.  

I was thinking I'd do an Australia-related one.

I'm going to do Peter Singer because I'm watching him on Q and A today.  

So....

My random topic is Luftseilbahn Wengen-Männlichen.

That's a cable car in Switzerland.

I'm clicking on Switzerland.

Peter Singer's family is originally from Europe.  I know that.

Now I've clicked on Germany. That was mentioned in the Switzerland article.

I clicked on Nazi Germany.

I clicked on Nazi eugenics.

I'm trying to get to euthanasia, because that's one of Peter Singer's big topics.

It's sad, though, because his version of euthanasia is very humane and compassionate.   It's so different from the Nazi version of it.

Okay, I found Euthanasia in the article.

I clicked on that.

Peter Singer isn't mentioned.

I'll have to keep digging...clicking.

Now I'm at voluntary euthanasia.

Peter Singer is mentioned in that article.

I'm done.

How many clicks was that?

Let me go back and count.....

Six.

Anyone want to play?