Sick of All the Sex

Today on my episode of Tangle, Ally (Justine Clarke) says, I'm sick of all the sex. This comes after learning her husband's been having sex with another woman; her husband's best friend makes sexual advances towards her; a guy masturbates in the park while she's on the swings; and she learns that her son was featured in a sex video on YouTube.

Nothing awful like that has happened to me. But still. I'm with Ally. I'm sick of all the sex. I think mostly it comes from reading a few erotica books. All those sexual details are just really uninteresting to me. I guess I'm a prude.

I suspected this before, but the books kind of proved it to me. I'm one of those people who just don't equate sex with love. It can be pleasurable and fun, but I don't see anything at all romantic about it.  I don't know why I feel this way. It's just how I am.

It's one of the things I love about Doctor Who, though. I love that there's no sex and it's all left up to the viewer's imagination. If you want to imagine Rose and the Doctor had a platonic relationship, you can do that. If you want to imagine they were frequently having wild sex inside the Tardis, you have the freedom to do that as well.  

I'm tired of shows like True Blood, where there seems to be the goal of making fake sex look real. To me, it gets really old after awhile. Well, every so often it's interesting to me. But it doesn't give me any romantic feelings. I think Doctor Who is much more romantic.

No comments:

Post a Comment