Our Pretend Trip to Australia Day 23 Lakes Entrance

Good morning!

Tim and Jack are still sleeping.

I'm trying to decide if I want to take a walk.

Maybe I will...after I write.

I had a funny weird dream last night.

I was walking on the Esplanade.  I think Tim and Jack were there at first.   But then we split up for some reason.    I saw this very cute building.  It was very inviting to me.   I felt compelled to go inside. I had a really good feeling about it.  

It ended up being a preschooler art gallery. I was so excited for some reason. Well, maybe because I love children's art.

Anyway...

The children who made the art were all in the gallery. A lot of them were standing near their art.  Other kids were playing around. They were all very cute.  

I walked around and was thrilled with the work. For some reason, I thought it was so incredibly wonderful.  And I loved that they had this gallery.  I wondered why no other people were visiting. 

I gave compliments to some of the kids about their drawings and paintings. A few of them thanked me.  Others just smiled shyly, but looked happy.

Then after awhile, I wanted to leave.   I wanted to find Jack and Tim. But then suddenly I couldn't find the exit.  I didn't want to ask any of the kids about the exit because I was afraid I'd hurt their feelings.  I was worried that, if I left, they'd think I didn't like their art.

At one point I tripped and fell.  Stuff spilled out of my backpack.  I struggled to get up, but in typical dream fashion I felt like I was in slow motion.  Some of the kids stared at me.  Others completely ignored me.

One kid picked her nose and started wiping the boogers on her forehead. 

I finally got up.  I looked around for an exit.  I couldn't find one, but I didn't panic. I figured I'd find a way out eventually.

I decided to do more painting admiring.   I went up to one little girl who was standing next to a painting of a drawing of a dingo.  I thought it was quite an advanced drawing for someone her age.   I said something like, I see you've made a dingo.

The little girl glared at me with intense anger. Then she started screaming at me and crying.   She cried, It's not a dingo.  It's a dog!

She then jumped in front of the drawing and blocked my view of it.  She said, Don't look at my picture!  Don't look at any of my pictures.  You're a liar!

I averted my eyes from her picture and then saw what I had been looking for before....an exit.

I waved good-bye to the other kids.  They didn't wave back.

I went outside.   Then I saw Charlie from Lost.   He was buskering.  But instead of playing his guitar; he was playing "Xanadu" with a pan flute.  When he finished I went up to him and told him I liked the peanut butter scene.

He smiled and said he had no peanut butter for me; but he did have some jam.  He reached into his bag.  I expected an empty jar, but it wasn't. It was real jam.

* * *

Now I have a taste for jam.

We still have some of the Finger Lime Marmalade.

Maybe I'll have toast today instead of cereal.

* * *

I just remembered that we don't have butter or margarine.

Oh well.  That's fine.

I'll just have the marmalade.

I'm not going to eat now, though. I'll wait for Tim and Jack.

I'm going to take a walk.

* * *

I changed my mind about the walk.

It's cold.

I think I'll stay inside.

* * *

I changed my mind about staying inside.

It's not THAT cold.

I grabbed a jacket and went out.

I'm glad I did.

I heard a Kookaburra!

That was fun.

I didn't go far.

I just walked around the holiday park.

I didn't see anyone else.

I was kind of glad. I wasn't in the mood to be friendly.  I mean I'm not in a bad mood or a snobby mood.  I'm just a in a solitary mood.

* * *

I fell back asleep and dreamed that Sims 3 added an expansion pack that had the Sydney Opera House in it.  It was pretty cool.

* * *

Tim and Jack are sleeping still.

I think I'll go for another walk.    

* * *

I walked to the footbridge that leads to the beach.  But I didn't walk across the footbridge.

I was tired of walking alone and figured we'd do a lot of walking together today.

When I got back to the room, Tim and Jack were both awake.

We all ate toast with marmalade.

Jack is playing Mario Kart on his Nintendo 3DS.

Tim is watching a cooking thing on TV.  They're making something with goat cheese, tomatoes, eggs, and other stuff.

* * *

We walked to the beach.

It was nice walking across the footbridge.

The area's not that crowded because the holidays are over.

We didn't swim because it's kind of too cold.

Tim and Jack built a sandcastle together.

I read my book while walking on the sand.

We put our feet in the water.

For some reason I kept having the urge to sing the suitcase song from Evita.

And, well, I gave into that urge.

Now we're back in the cabin eating leftover stir fry.

It's raining.

When it stops, we might go get some ice-cream.

For dinner we're going to eat some frozen meals that we bought. We're leaving tomorrow, so if we don't eat them tonight, they'll go to waste.

* * *

The day is done...almost.

There's not much to report really.

We ate.

We walked around.

We watched TV.

We went on the internet.

We relaxed.

It was pretty low key.  

* * *

I totally wouldn't mind living in an Australia beach town.




 NOTE:  This trip journal is fictional.   We are not really in Australia.  Some stuff in these posts are based on research.  Some stuff is based on my reality.  Some stuff is based on past experiences. And some stuff is based on fantasy.   

The non-trip journal posts ARE true and real…except for my dreams (which are written in purple). 
Oh...and also....my 2009 trip reports are about a real trip to Australia.  That's all true too.

5 comments:

  1. Living in a beach down here is pretty good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate Sparkles,

    I imagine it would be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "One kid picked her nose and started wiping the boogers on her forehead. " So they had avant garde performance art along with the paintings. A very advanced pre-school art gallery indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Very advanced.

      I just reread the dream thing. I don't know what the booger thing was all about.

      I do know that the dream was my way of expressing anger over a real incident that had happened. It's like an analogy. But I'm trying to figure out if the booger symbolized something. Pretty much everything else in the dream...I understand what I was trying to say—what it all symbolizes. But not the booger wiping. Did it symbolize something? Or maybe in real life I dreamed that? Or maybe I saw it happen and decided to put it in the dream?

      Delete
  4. Didn't Freud say, "Sometimes a booger is just a booger."?

    ReplyDelete