Building On Top of a Cemetery

I'm reading a delightful old book right now.  It's called Town Life in Australia and was written by Richard Ernest Nowell Twopenny.   

Today I learned, from the book, that Sydney Town Hall was built on top of a cemetery.  

This website gives more information about it.  

If I'm understanding things correctly, many of the graves were moved.  But in 1991 restoration was done at Sydney Town Hall, and some graves were discovered.

I had some synchronocity today, because I was looking at Flickr and their front page talks about today being the 30th anniversary of the release of the movie Poltergeist.  One of the major plot points in that film is people building on top of graves and not moving graves correctly.  




How would our world change if we knew for sure there was life after death, and it was easy for our dearly-beloved to talk to us via the Internet?   

The Dead are Online, a novel by Dina Roberts 

No comments:

Post a Comment