The Regeneration of Claire McLeod

I just watched the funeral of Claire McLeod on McLeod's Daughters. Claire died because the actress who played her (Lisa Chappell) was ready to move on.

In the episode preceding Claire's death, her old friend Stevie (Simmone Jade Mackinnon) appears. From what I already know about the show, Stevie pretty much replaces Claire. She even ends up with Claire's man.  I'm guessing she also eventually becomes like-a-sister to Tess. Right now, there's friction between Tess and Stevie, but the same thing happened when the show first started, and Claire and Tess first got together. I'm betting history will repeat itself.

Another show I've been watching religiously lately is Doctor Who.  This week I not only lost Claire McLeod. I also lost The Doctor because the actor wanted to quit. And like McLeod's Daughters, the show brought on an actor to replace The Doctor. But what's nice about Doctor Who is, The Doctor has the power of regeneration. So The Doctor is still The Doctor. He just looks different. And we get to skip the depressing tear-jerking funeral.

It would be nice if that happened with McLeod's Daughters. Instead of a deadly scary car crash, Claire could have just regenerated herself into a new body. Goodbye Lisa Chapell. Hello Simmone Jade Mackinnon.

They actually do that on soap operas sometimes. Just replace the actor. But it's odd that none of the characters seem to notice that their loved one looks totally different.

I like the Doctor Who method the best.

And I'm already totally in love with David Tennant. He's already won me over, and I thought I wouldn't be able to let go of the preceding Doctor. Now I'm sad about the fact that eventually  Tennant is going to be replaced.

Oh well. 

2 comments:

  1. I agree! dr who's way of "dying" is much more cooler than the old fashion way [insert tragic death]. Wait, did the actress who played Claire "move on" in the spirtual sense or career wise?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gun-bae,

    As I told you today, had another Aussie TV death. I'm wondering if she will regenerate in some form.

    As for the Clair actress, she's still among the living. She did some singing, and maybe some other stuff.



    ReplyDelete