Get a New Piece of Paper

In Jaclyn Moriarty's The Year of Secret Assignments, one of the characters (Lydia) writes to her new penpal, Do you understand that you can get out a new piece of paper if you change your mind about writing something?

Lydia writes this to Seb, because he wrote her a scathing letter about how he was incredibly disappointed in her. He attacks her with insults, including: You're the kind of player who's always doing hand balls because you don't want to bother hitting the ball with your head on account of it might mess up your hair.  

He says all this mean stuff in the beginning of the letter. Then Lydia comes through for him, and the letter ends with high praises.

It reminds me of me on my blog. And I think it's ONLY on this blog that I do that.

It's like my last post.  I made all these embarrassing mistakes.  REALLY embarrassing. It really puts me in a bad light...or at least a ridiculous light.  Why didn't I just change things—cover up the mistakes?  It would have been easy.  I don't even have to get a new piece of paper. I don't have to start over.  I just add a name here and there.

But nope.  I left it.  Why? I don't know. And it's not the first time I've done that. I did it a lot on the biography posts.

Maybe it's my way of saying.  I'm not perfect.  Deal with it.  Maybe it's a way of illustrating aspects of my philosophy of education/learning.  It's not about getting things right. It's about the journey.   And the journey involves making mistakes.  

Yeah. I like that.

I haven't gone as far as leaving my typos in....at least not on purpose.  Yeah.  I know.  Okay? Stop your snickering.   

And it's only in my blog that I do this. I don't do it in emails.  I edit emails a lot. I write a bunch of stuff and then sometimes delete it. 

Well, since we're on the subject of Jaclyn Moriarty....Did I mention that I think she's awesome?   Well, at least I think her books are awesome.  She makes me feel like Anne Wilkes. 

I'm JOKING people. Don't worry. Oh, and I shouldn't allude to Stephen King characters.  I'm still boycotting the guy.   

Seriously though.  I would NEVER hurt Moriarty's ankles. But it would be nice if she wrote more books.