I Learned a New Vocabulary Word!

My friend came over yesterday, and we had lots of discussions.

She's against multiculturalism, so just now I did some Googling to get more perspective on her viewpoint.  I read a bit of what Lord Wiki has to say about the term, and somehow that led me to this word. Xenocentrism.  The definition of Xenocentrism is the preference for the products, styles, or ideas of someone else's culture rather than of one's own.

I think that would describe me.

I still like a lot of American stuff, though. It's not as if I think one culture is better than the other. I just have a personal preference.

Personally, I think individual cultures are going to fade away into nonexistence. It worked well when countries and communities were isolated from each other. But these days, there's so much interaction.
We use words that come from other cultures. We eat food that comes from other cultures. We read books from other cultures.  Even those who speak out against multiculturalism probably borrow from other cultures.  All that has been going on for centuries, really. But with the Internet, the mixing up is going to be even more profound.