Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A Different Planet

One day I watched episode 8 of Love My Way

The episode left me feeling shocked, terrified, and very sad.

I felt a crap load of empathy for the fictional characters, but I also had some self-centered thoughts.   

I kind of worried the experience would have a lasting effect.

Could I have some kind of nervous breakdown?

Can you get post-traumatic stress disorder from a television show?

Could I become severely depressed?

Out of concern and curiosity, I googled to find out if there was any information and/or opinions about fiction causing depression.  

I didn't find much.

But I did find a couple of articles about how the movie Avatar caused depression, and even suicidal thoughts, in some people.   

It's not that the movie was horribly traumatic. People become depressed after seeing the movie because they wish the blue-people planet was real.  After seeing the movie, it's hard for some people to return to reality.

I can relate to that.

I understand.

Anyway...the star of Avatar is Sam Worthington.

I thought that was kind of funny because he was also in Love My Way....including episode 8.  



In other news....

Last week I went to the thrift store.

I found an Australian t-shirt.

I felt I had won the thrift store jackpot.

I'm wearing it now.


More to come later.

Maybe.