Hulu!

I just found out from ClairIsabel on Twitter, that Hulu has Australian shows! I often complain about how it's hard for Americans to watch Aussie shows. Well, it looks like I've been complaining for nothing. Or well...actually I think it used to be more difficult. Now it's getting easier and easier.

To watch Offspring, I had to get an Australian iTunes account, which isn't easy.

Now I see I can just watch it for free on Hulu. At first I thought, I had to pay $7.99 a month, but that's only if I want to watch it on a television. I don't. I like watching my shows on my laptop. As far as I can understand, that's free.

The only downside is they're behind a season. They're on season four while Australia is on season five. And I'm on season 5 too.  I'm going to finish with that, because I still have money left on my account. But for season six, I'll probably do Hulu.

What's super exciting for me is they have The Secret Life of Us. I've been wanting to see that. The only thing is I'm worried I'll be horribly traumatized again by some fictional death. The show's brought to us by the same people who bring us Offspring and brought us Love My Way. Both those shows traumatized me, so I'm a little nervous.  I'll be watching the first episode, looking at each character, asking myself, which one of you is going to die?

Holy shit! I think they have House Husbands.

Goodness. I might not be writing a sequel to my novel.

I think watching Australian television is going to become my full-time job.  

2 comments:

  1. Oops! I am feeding your Aussie TV addiction!
    - Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire,

    Maybe years from now...when I'm in therapy, I'll call you my enabler. But for now I'm super grateful.

    I'm so excited.

    I found even more stuff I want to watch. Like CloudStreet. I didn't look to see if they have The Slap yet. I'll probably want to see that too.

    I'm sure there's some Aussie stuff that I haven't heard of yet.

    Do you watch any Australian shows?

    ReplyDelete