Taking a Hiatus From My Hiatus

I feel awkward about writing this post.

Should I just jump in and pretend I didn't take a break for a few weeks?

Should I dramatically announce my return?

The latter would make more sense if I had a lot of people regularly reading my blog.

But I think I have about about 3 or less people that come on a regular basis.

Well...anyway. I'm back.  I might be back for a long time...and on a consistent basis. I might be back but with sporadic posts. I might end up saying screw this and take another hiatus after this post. Or this could be my very last post.  I have no idea.

Anyway...I thought I'd post some updates and random thoughts.

1. I still hate Trump and most of the Republican party

2. I ended up NOT having to wait a long time to see a neurologist.  I ended up with an appointment in early June. I had an MRI. I never heard back about that, so I'm guessing my brain looked unremarkable. Last week I had a three day EEG test. I'm supposed to get those results in August. I might write more about that in another post.

3. Our two cats (Annie and Yeti) are getting along decently. There's a fight with rolling, hissing, and growling at least once a day.  BUT most of the time they're sitting peacefully in the same room together, playing together, etc



Here's a lovely video of the same moment captured in the above photograph.  If anyone is interested.

And what kind of insane person would NOT be interested in watching a cat video???!!!! Huh?  I hope it's not YOU!

4. We watched season 2 of Westworld. That led us to needing to re-watch season 1. And then we ended up watching part of season 2 again!  I became quite obsessed. I love that show.  I don't remember loving it so much the first time.

5. Tim helped me define something I've liked for a long time: Midcentury Modern. I had no idea there was a name for it.  The conversation started when Jack told me The Brady Bunch house was for sale. I got very excited as he expected I would. I guess I then also mentioned loving that certain scene in Westworld.  Tim ended up telling me there was a name for that kind of style.  Well...this is something else I might have to do a separate post on.

6. We watched the It movie, and I thought it was pretty much crap. Though I did like Bill Skarsgard as Pennywise. I watched a bit of him in interviews, and I think he's adorable.

What I hated most is what they did with Beverly.

After we watched the movie, we went and re-watched the miniseries. Or really. I watched it. Tim ended up sleeping through the majority of it.

The miniseries is corny, but I like it a lot.

7. I watched the last season of Packed to the Rafters. The dementia storyline was incredibly sad, and I think quite well done.  I think it's the first time I've encountered a story where a character we've grown to know and like/love loses their memory. Usually I see things where we see a character struggling with a loved one, but we haven't personally gotten to know their loved one. I end up feeling sympathy for the character, but with Packed to the Rafters I felt my own sort of grief.

8. I watched the first season of Steven Universe, which is one of Jack's favorite shows. It was hard for me to get into it, and I daydreamed through the first several episodes. But, by the end, I loved it.

9.  I'm still watching Coronation Street. Pat Phelan (Connor McIntyre) is very dead, but the show is giving me someone new to despise. I'm talking about you, Johnny Connor (Richard Harley)!  Actually I'm pretty much hating the whole Connor family...except for the recently, tragically deceased Aidan (Shayne Ward)

10. I watched some of Stella, Call the Midwife, The 4400, and Doc Marten.  I enjoyed my time with all those shows and look forward to watching more.

Doc Marten made me want to go to Cornwall!

11. We watched the first two episodes of Sharp Objects. I'm bored by it, but am going to give it a few more episodes.  The only thing I have found interesting so far is when the guy pulled the teeth. But I also found that to be unbearably disgusting.

12. We watched the first episode of Who is America. The gun stuff was disgusting, evil, shocking, and amazingly done. The other stuff, I think, is entertaining, but makes me feel a bit uncomfortable.  If you embarrass a politician, lobbyist, etc. I think you're contributing greatly to society...especially if you get them to reveal the dark things they've been trying to hide. But if you end up humiliating a decent person just for shock value....

Well, that's a different story.

13. Our most recent show is Outcast. I'm loving it. I have this idea that although we're supposed to think it's about demonic possession, something else is actually going on. Like...aliens? Or time travelers.

Though I love stories about demonic possession, now that I have the alternate idea in my head, I think I'm going to be disappointed if it ends up being a possession thing.



What would our world be like if we
knew for sure there 
was life after death, and 
we could easily talk to our 
dearly-departed on the Internet?

The Dead are Online a novel by Dina Roberts