Where Australia Fits

 In my last post I talked about regrets.

I've decided I want to clarify something.

I listed my two main regrets as not finishing film school and not staying in NYC.

I didn't list not-moving-to-Australia.

Here's how I feel about that.

Though I'm no longer obsessed with Australia, I do still wish we had moved there.

Well...especially now!

But besides all my political fears....

I can imagine us having a happy life in Australia. Because A) Australia is awesome B) I think it would have helped us avoid some of the problems that we've had here. 

I doubt count it as a regret, though, because we were never given any opportunity to move there. We never even came close.

So it's not like I made a choice that I now regret.

With film school, I was accepted and already IN film school. Though I found the intro to filmmaking class very challenging, I didn't fail it. I could have easily made the choice to stay and finish the film degree.

With NYC, we already lived there.  Now the apartment we were renting had a huge hike in rent price...but we could have probably found another place to live. Maybe we could have moved to Brooklyn or Queens?  Long Island?

But yeah...looking back in my life, I think there's a definite difference between unfulfilled wishes and regrets.

And that's not to say I'm not content with where life has led us.

Well....I'm less content lately. I feel like I'm in a nightmare that's going to get a whole lot worse.

BUT....besides that. Texas has been pretty awesome in some ways.  


No comments:

Post a Comment