Bye Bye Democrats

Another dream post. This one might be actually short. I'll try!

1. I meet an Aussie blogger in real life. (I won't say who it was because I don't want to embarrass anyone). We end up getting along very well. It's like we have this great connection between us.

2. In America, the Democrats have been temporarily kicked out of government....a MASS dismissal. I watch some of it on TV with my parents. It seems to be a confusing mess. I think of Whitlam, and how I researched him lately. I try to figure out when I'll be posting that post.

3. In our den (significant to me because I don't often dream about our own house), a commercial comes on saying Roar starring Heath Ledger is coming to one of the cable networks. I have this idea that another person I wrote about is on the show...an actress. I'm thinking it might be Naomi Watts. I ask Tim if he thinks it was her. He's not sure. Then this woman who looks like the mysterious Australian woman on Roar is in our house. She's just wandering through. I call out to her, trying to figure out who she is. She won't answer me. I get annoyed. She's walking through our house, for Pete's Sake. Is it too much for her to answer a simple question?

4 comments:

  1. I rather like the idea of kicking the Democrats out of government - as long as we can kick the Republicans out too. Kick them all out and start over again without any partisan politics...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff,

    That would be nice! I think it's impossible though. We're always going to have two opposing views. I just wish we didn't have to be so nasty about it.

    I think it would be better if our party and voting system was more like Australia's. They have two dominant parties like us. However, people aren't forced to choose between the two parties.

    In America, most of us know that if we vote for an Independent, we're essentially throwing our vote away. In Australia, they do preferential voting. They number the listed candidates in order of preference. Because of this practice, more independent (and smaller parties) get into Parliament. They actually have somewhat of a voice.

    Who knows though. We're so divided now. I can't see how we'll ever get back together. There's so much hatred between the parties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy, you've touched on one of those topics that make my head explode. I won't go into a political tirade here on your blog, but I'll just say that I'm with you one million percent on that. The two party system here is so badly broken. I'm one of those independent voters forced to choose between the lesser of two evils, and it makes my blood boil when I have to give up my voice just to make my vote count.

    I'll stop now before I start spewing obscenities all over your blog :) ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeff,

    I agree. I like Obama better than McCain, so I voted for him. But if I had been given a REAL choice, I would have voted for someone else.

    ReplyDelete