Book Conversation on Rush

I loved this conversation I just heard on Rush.

Lawson (Rodger Corser) is talking to his girlfriend Jacinta (played by Asher Keddie!). They're discussing the books she let him borrow. He's very unimpressed with the depressing Cancer Ward. She tries to explain the merits of the book, and he tells her he doesn't want to read stuff like that.

Then it goes like this....

Jacinta: Well, that's a problem for me, Baby. Because they're the kind of books I want to write.

Lawson: Why don't you want to write something good? Like Da Vinci Code?

Jacinta: You know what, Doug?

Lawson: Don't call me Doug.

Jacinta: I must be in love with you. Because you say things like that, and I let you live.

I really love her response. I wish I thought of saying things like that when people say insulting things to me. I just usually keep quiet and let it fester; then later bitch about it on my blog. Oh and then I become paranoid about the person reading the post.  If I could be clever like Jacinta, it would save me a lot of grief.  

No comments:

Post a Comment