Des Clarke, Unrequited Love, 30th Anniversery, and Fake Cancer,

1. Had a dream.  It's bedtime and I'm thinking about celebrity crushes. I have the idea that Kate Jenkinson is the kind of person that a lot of people have crushes on. I think of Kim Gygnall and decide that if I met him in real life, I'd probably develop a crush on him.

Before going to sleep, I feel compelled to follow my rule about reading one chapter of a book. The chapter I'm reading is titled "Drugs". It's about a woman who is trying to lose weight. Her method fails, so she decides to get into shape via weight-lifting. But then she learns that all the female weight-lifters she admires got that way by using drugs.

2. Dreamed I was in an Australian comedy. I don't remember it enough to explain it well, but it involved someone eating very old desserts. Maybe ice-cream? And we were trying not to get in trouble with the police. It was like we were trying to make ourselves look less bad than we were to the police, but instead we made ourselves look even worse than we truly were.

3. Dreamed that, I'm walking with two young Australians we know. I want them to come visit us in the US. So I whisper something to them— sort of like a subliminal message. I want it to influence their future decisions, but instead they jump on it at that moment.

I'm not positive, but I think what I whispered was chicken nuggets. Then they went into a cafe to maybe order the nuggets.

4. Read article about gay marriage bill in Australia. I don't fully understand it, but it doesn't seem very hopeful to me.

The good news is, there are eighteen people from the Coalition that support it. The bad news is, there are eighty-three that oppose it.

The thing is, there's a committee which decides the order that bills will be heard and debated in Parliament. The people in the committee right now are conservative and not supportive of gay marriage. To them, other things take priority.

I'm doubting gay marriage will be legalized while the Abbott government is in power.

5. Started watching some Neighbours.

6. Tried to find song played on Neighbours.

It's played while Imogen (Ariel Kaplan) is looking conflicted about Daniel (Tim Phillips) and Amber's (Jenna Rosenow) wedding. Some of the lyrics: Only God can forget all the bad things you've done...And you can't turn your back on the women you've become.

I'm not having luck finding it.

I think it's pretty, though.

7. Wondered if maybe it's Delta Goodrem singing, since she's guest-starring on the show.

I don't know her voice well enough to know if it's her or not.

8. Shocked and amazed and super excited! Des Clarke!  They have Des Clarke (Paul Keane) on Neighbours! He came back!  I didn't recognize him. I had no idea who he was until Paul(Stefan Dennis) said his name.

9. Thought that Paul Keane looks like a cross between Jason Segal and Dick York.

10. Learned that Paul brought Des to Erinsborough to scare Daniel (Tim Phillips)—weddings and marriage. He wants Des to talk about his own wedding fiasco.

I'm not sure if Neighbours began with the wedding or if that's just the first episode that was available to me on YouTube.  But that's where I came into the story. Des was about to get married, and the bride called off the wedding. From what I remember, Julie Robinson had something to do with that. She scared the bride away from marriage, because she had a thing for Des.

There was a stripper at the Buck's night. Daphne. She ended up moving in with Des. And then they fell in love.

11. Remembered there was another woman interested in Des; or at least she wanted Des to be a father to her child. The actress reminded me of Jennifer Aniston.

12. Saw Des telling the story to Daniel. The bride's name was Lorraine.

13. Excited. They showed a few flashbacks of the buck's night.

14. Thought that Paul Robinson reminds me of my dad in some ways. I've felt this way before, but I especially felt it in the scene where he lets Amber know that Imogen is in love with Daniel.

15. Annoyed at Amber's anger towards Imogen. She finds out Imogen is in love with Daniel and confronts her.

Yes, Imogen is in love with her best friend's fiancé; and that's not a great situation. But the heart wants what the heart wants.

It's not like Imogen pursued Daniel.

Well, she did kiss him once, but it was a temporary moment of insanity. She was very apologetic.

Imogen worked very hard to try to get over Daniel, and she tried very hard to support Amber and Daniel's relationship.

Maybe her only mistake was not confessing earlier when asked about her feelings for Daniel. But then again, bringing the love to the surface and out in the open might have caused a strain for Amber and Daniel's relationship. It might have been easier for everyone, if Imogen's feelings had remained a secret.

16. Imagined if Amber knew about Imogen's feelings, she'd be more careful about having Daniel and Amber spend time together.

On the other hand, if Daniel knew about Imogen's feelings, it might have made him start questioning things. Well, I have this one woman who loves me, and I love her. But now this other woman loves me...and well, I do enjoy spending time with her.

From some of my experiences, I have concluded that if someone has feelings for a person already in a relationship, it's best to keep it quiet. Just by speaking up, you might drive a wedge into the relationship. Or you might help an already existing wedge get larger.

Yes, it might be an ego boost to the object of your affection; but that ego boost might not be great for their already existing relationship.

17. Imagined I could find exceptions. For example, let's say someone is in a very horrible failing relationship. They're depressed, feel unloved, and seem suicidal. THEN it might be a nice idea to say, I just wanted to tell you I've been in love with you for the last five years.  Unless you know that the object of your affection is actually repulsed by you. In that case, you might make them feel worse.


How would our world change if we knew for sure there was life after death, and it was easy for our dearly-departed to talk to us via the Internet?   


The Dead are Online  a novel by Dina Roberts 


18. Started watching an episode of The Librarians.

I'm going to try to finish the show today.

I don't know whether or not I'll keep season two and three on my to-watch list.

I think I'll take it off, unless I end up liking the show in the end.

I was going to take Kath and Kim off my list, but then towards the end it started to grow on me.

19. Thought that The Librarians had an interesting twist. I was surprised by it at least, but it could be because I wasn't paying close enough attention.

20. Started to watch another episode of The Librarians.

There are parts that I can relate to, but not in an amused way; more in a sad and uncomfortable way.

21. Started to like The Librarians a little more. I think the fifth episode was more interesting to me than the rest. Although it still didn't make me laugh. Or smile.

22. Started to watch the last  episode of season one of  The Librarians.

23. Realized that I'd probably prefer the storyline of The Librarians as a drama.

24. Finished watching The Librarians. 

I'm glad to be done with it.

25. Used Random.org to pick my next show.

It's Pirate Islands.

26. Looked at the cast of Pirate Islands.

I don't really recognize any of the names.

Maybe Brook Harmon?  That sounds a tiny bit familar.

27. Saw that Brook Harmon was born in the US, and I know her from Dance Academy. She played Saskia, the sort of evil dancing teacher.

28. Saw that Brook Harmon is also one of the stars of season four of The Secret Life of Us.

29. Saw that the creator of Pirate Islands is Jonathan M. Shiff. Shiff is also the creator of The Elephant Princess, Ocean Girl, H20: Just Add Water, and Wicked Science.

30. Hoped that I'd like Pirate Islands better than The Librarians.

I think I will. I liked The Elephant Princess...most of the time.  I just got a little tired of seeing Richard Brancatisano acting like he has a migraine.

31. Saw that Pirate Islands was filmed in Melbourne and Port Douglas, Queensland.

32. Started watching another episode of Neighbours.

33. Went to the UK's Channel 5 page about Neighbours. They confirm that the first episode of Neighbours is the first one I saw. It's the one with Danny having a nightmare and Lorraine canceling the wedding.

34. Saw from Lord Wiki that Neighbours premiered on March 18, 1985. The episode I just started watching is the one from March 18, 2015. So, it's the big anniversary show.

I hope it's good.

35. Tried to remember Tom Ramsey. I'm seeing him now on the show. I think maybe I saw some of his old episodes. Maybe he was kind of difficult?

36. Had  my memory helped by Lord Wiki. Tom was dating a woman, and Shane Ramsey accidentally killed her in a car crash. I remember that. Then Shane had problems with driving for awhile, which was hard since he worked as a limo driver.

37. Took a break from Neighbours to do some stair-walking exercising. When I do this, I have Spotify pick a song from me. It chose "I'm Not That Girl" from Wicked.

The song fits perfectly with the Amber, Imogen, and Daniel drama.

Blithe smile, lithe limb
 She who's winsome, she wins him 
Gold hair with a gentle curl That's the girl he chose 
And Heaven knows 
I'm not that girl

In Wicked, Elphaba is the one that's not that girl. But in the end, she is. She ends up with Fiyero; and Glinda is left behind.

Will the same happen with Imogen? Will she end up with Daniel?

38. Thought it was a shame that Kylie Minogue, Guy Pearce, and Jason Donovan aren't appearing for the anniversary.

Or maybe they are, and I just don't know about it yet.

Maybe I'll get a fun surprise.

39. Started watching another episode of Neighbours.

40. Felt bad for Imogen and Daniel. They're stuck in a well without food and water.

41. Thought that Amber has a little-girl kind of look, and she also kind of looks like an expensive doll.

42. Smelled the Russian Nesting doll that Jack got at the Sydney puppet store to see if it still smells like cherries.

It does.

43. Started watching another episode of Neighbours.

I want to see Imogen and Daniel get rescued. Though maybe that's not going to be until many episodes later.

44. Figured that Josh (Harley Bonner) comforting Amber is going to turn into sex, and that's how Amber ends up pregnant.

45. Loved the character of Nick (Damien Fotiou) in a cathartic way. He's so awful but makes himself out to be a hero, because he does important cancer research.

It reminds me of behavior I've encountered from certain people. They do good things, but then imagine that this gives them an excuse to treat friends and family like crap.

46. Wondered if I ever was a little shit back when I did volunteer work for Cystic Fibrosis. I probably was at times. I think I had that belief. Girl doing charity for seriously ill children=definitely good person.

I don't think I was that bad, though. I definitely wasn't evil like Nick.

I was probably over-focused to the point of being annoying, and I took on the attitude that there's no cause more important than fighting CF.

I think a lot of people, passionate about a cause, become that way. It's like Fight Breast Cancer! Fight Breast cancer!  Never mind that there are tons of other cancers and awful diseases out there.

47. Confused about Paul Robinson's leukemia. Is that for real? Or is Nick faking the whole thing?

I just re-watched the scene with Nick typing on the blood chart thing. I can't tell if he's recording the blood count levels or changing them.

48. Figured out that Paul's cancer is probably faked. Because earlier Nick was complaining that curing cancer wasn't important enough for Paul— when Karl (Alan Fletcher) explained, to Nick, that Paul does things that benefit Paul. So now Nick has made cancer a personal thing for Paul.

49. Disgusted by Nick's evilness. He's planning to give Paul chemotherapy, even though Paul is healthy.

I've heard of people faking their own cancer. But this is new to me—someone deliberately leading someone else to believe they need cancer treatment.

50. Hoped Paul would be smart enough to get a second opinion.

51. Forgot to mention that I started watching another episode....

And now I'm going to watch another one.

I'm majorly binge-watching today.

52. Wondered what's going to happen to Matt (Josef Brown)

I know he's going to die. But how?

The Hulu description says it has something to do with him kissing Sharon Canning (Natasha Herbert). I'm having a hard time figuring that one out.

53. Saw what happens to Matt. He didn't die from kissing Sharon. What happened is he was talking about Sharon to Brad (Kip Gamblin). A car came, and Matt heroically pushed Brad out of the way.