Hugh Sheridan's Singing Career and also the Oscars

I dreamed about the actor Hugh Sheridan last night.

I'm inside a building watching Packed to the Rafters. Then I decide to watch one of Hugh Sheridan's music videos. I see that he has joined a band. It seems to maybe be an American band. I walk as I listen and end up passing Hugh Sheridan. I tell him I'm watching his video.

Sheridan seems sad and insecure. He asks me if if I've watched this other video of his. I get the feeling that this video he mentions is from back when he was doing music independently. 

The idea I got was that Sheridan was unhappy with the band and wanted affirmation for his solo career.

I also dreamed about watching the Oscars with people and having ideas for future shows.

Here are some of them.

A) Instead of having a In Memoriam montage, have a montage of people still with us. Now it wouldn't show every living person in the film industry. Of course. But it could show people that we've kind of forgotten—the ones that might surprise us by still being alive.

B) Let go of the whole fashion aspect of the Oscars and have everyone wear their pajamas. BUT then I started thinking what if there's a person who's always dreamed of dressing up and attending the Oscars. Then when it finally happens, they're robbed of the chance. SO...my amended idea is that the Oscars go half and half.  For part of the night, everyone gets dressed up. Then they have an intermission where everyone changes into their pajamas.

This morning when I thought about it, I realized it wouldn't be as good as I imagine. I thought of bras. Women would probably wear those, and that would greatly decrease the comfort aspect. Of course, they could choose not to. But then it would be noticed by viewers. There'd be all kinds of nasty comments. Then there'd be fights about the comments.

But you know what. I just realized. It would probably lead to a protest at the next award ceremony, and NO women would wear a bra. They'd all be comfortable.

Oh shit. No, that wouldn't work. What about women who are more comfortable in a bra?  I'm wondering if this happens for women who have really big breasts. Do bras make them more comfortable or less so?

Well, I just Googled. And from what I'm seeing, the answer might be no. For example, there's this article which is titled, "How Going Braless for a Week Taught Me to Love My DD Breasts." And here's another article about how to go braless if you have large breasts.

I'm thinking my pajama party oscars will be braless!  For the most part. If some attendees choose to wear a bra, I hope no one will shame them. And vice versa.

The other thing I worry about is that the pajamas will become a fashion show in itself.  I hope not. I hope people wear pajamas they picked up at Goodwill, Target or a department store.  Or I hope they go the T-shirt and shorts route, and the T-shirt is something fun they picked up on their trip to Thailand. Or something like that.

I hope the pajama thing doesn't become a showcase for fashion designers.  Well, no. You can't get around that. Because all clothes are created by a designer. Maybe instead I should say, I hope designers don't create pajamas specifically for the event. I hope it's more casual...with attendees buying off the rack kind of stuff.  Or they could just search through their closet to find something. 

Oh...by the way.  I got a call from the doctor on Thursday. She left a message. I don't know much, because they haven't yet returned my return call or email.  All I know is that I AM having some type of seizure, and they want me on medication.  I've been reading about common seizure medications and some of them have the side effect of vivid dreams.  Most people online seem to describe these dreams as being terrifying. Yet I can't help but be sort of excited. I've always loved vivid, crazy dreams.  Though I'm trying to tell myself that I'm going to regret this eagerness, because the dreams actually sound kind of like insanity.  People say the dreams seem so real, and they have trouble distinguishing the dreams from reality.

Is my life going to turn into Jacob's Ladder or something?

Then again, I talked to someone, who I know personally, that's on those meds. She says she doesn't have crazy dreams. I don't know if I should feel reassured or disappointed by that.

Well, I guess one reassuring thing is that the people on the message boards don't sound at all crazy. They sound very lucid. So I think it's only at night and in the morning when they're confused.

Anyway, what I was trying to say before I rambled on and on again is that if I DO end up on these particular drugs and my dreams DO get even more crazy, then I'll probably have even more annoying dream posts. 



How would our world change if we knew for sure there was life after death, and it was easy for our dearly-departed to talk to us via the Internet?   

The Dead are Online, a novel by Dina Roberts