I'm Glad I Didn't Stay on Epilepsy Drugs

I think my body is being oppositional when it comes to medication.

When I went on Keppra for the one week, I bought vitamin b6 to counteract some of the possible psychiatric side effects.

I was kind of excited because both Keppra AND vitamin b6 are known for giving people dream powers—more vivid dreams and easier to remember dreams.

Keppra never improved my dreams, and I feel, since taking it, that I've been remembering my dreams slightly less.

I'm not taking vitamin B6 daily but, every so often, I take 2 or 3 in one sitting. Well, one day I felt like I was going to have one of my awful strange-spitting episodes. I had this sudden urge to take three vitamin B6 pills. It was like something was telling me it would help me.

So I did that.

Yeah I know. A bit nuts.

It did work, though.

Well, no it probably didn't. Because often I have the spitting-problem feeling, and I skip the actual episode. So it's probably a coincidence or placebo effect.

BUT that's besides the point.

When I've taken the 2-3 pills, I've also had hopes that my dreams will be more awesome than usual.

So last night I took 3, and I didn't remember my dreams at all! It's very unusual for me not to remember my dream.

I write down my dreams in the morning, and usually I'm typing quite a lot on my phone. This morning I could only remember that my sister, husband, and niece were in the dream and that my niece liked the smell of something.  It was all super vague and frustrating.  I didn't feel like I hadn't dreamed. I felt like I dreamed the normal amount of dreams, but that now it was all lost to me.

So while vitamin b6 makes some people remember their dreams more, I feel like it actually blocks my memory.

Then there's raspberry leaf tea.

I've started to take it because it's supposed to make your period less awful.

No such luck for me.

My period is actually worse. More blood. More pain.

So I'm thinking, it's good I'm not going on epilepsy drugs, because I'd probably end up tripling my maybe-seizures. I'd probably progress to tonic clonic seizures.


How would our world change if we knew for sure there was life after death, and it was easy for our dearly-departed to talk to us via the Internet?   

The Dead are Online, a novel by Dina Roberts