Kate, Claire, Sawyer, Miles, Lapidus, and Richard

My thought process while putting my make-up on for our afternoon ortho appointment.

A) I can't ever recommend How I Met Your Mother to my family because of the awful ending.

B) Well, maybe I can recommend How I Met Your Mother. I'll just tell them to skip the last season.

C) Or can they watch the last season and just skip the last episode.

D) Some TV shows have really awful endings.

E) What are the worst types of ending?

F) The ones where good friends or a couple have a falling out. Examples: Will and Grace and Mad About You.

G) Also usually a mistake to give an epilogue that tells us what happened to the characters. This is especially bad now with the reboots. How many shows are going to have to rewrite history?

H) Show that did not tell us what happened to characters?

I) Lost! 

J) We know about all the character's afterlife, but we don't know what happened to some of them in their after-island-life. 

K) Who survived?

L) Kate (Evangeline Lily), Claire (Emilie de Ravin) , Sawyer (Josh Holloway), and....

M) Sayid (Naveen Andrews)?

N) Nope. Dead.

O) Googled.  Miles (Ken Leung), Lapidus (Jeff Fahey), and Richard (Nestor Carbonell)!  

P) Plus we have Ben (Michael Emerson) and Hurley (Jorge Garcia)...as well as Walt (Malcolm David Kelley)

Q) They should have a Lost reboot but instead of being a fantasy-mystery thing make it mostly a character drama.

I can't get the idea out of my head.

They could have a show where each character goes there separate way. Then divide the 45-60 minutes between the characters.

Or....

Some of the characters could move in with each other. Maybe Claire and Kate will raise Aaron together?  Sawyer, Richard, Miles, and Lapidus could be supporting characters.  Ben, Hurley, and Walt could be guest stars.

Or they could ALL live together (minus busy Hurley and Ben)  Maybe they could form some kind of cult. Or maybe just an alternative family. Like Full House

I imagine that after getting off that plane, it would be hard to separate. Plus, if I remember correctly Claire was having major mental health difficulties. She'd probably need a lot of support.  

I remember hearing talk of a possible reboot about the island that didn't involve the original characters.  But I like my idea better. The island was kind of a failure when it came down to it. Lots of mystery that led to a lot of letdown.  It was the characters that made the show.

The other thing is, this show could happen at anytime.

In terms of finding out what happened immediately after the plane took off...well, that ship has sailed for the most part.  The actors will have aged a bit.  Well, I guess if they start now, make-up can work its magic.

But if it takes a few decades...well, who cares?

The show can be about the Losties in their late 40's or 50's.  Even 60's, 70's, or 80's.

They can all live in the same retirement home.

And of course I'm not rejecting the idea of any supernatural, mystery fun stuff. I think the show can have that.  I just don't think it needs to be central to everything.



Read my novel: The Dead are Online