Australia In the Mail

Tim got a package today.  It was kind of flat and weird.  We had no idea what it was, but it ended up being a book.

He Died With a Felafel In His Hand.  Tim's really into John Birmingham.

When he asked me about the book a few days ago, I said it was like my holy grail.  I often look for it on Powells, and when I go to used bookstores.  I can never find it.

Tim said, I just ordered it on Amazon.

Okay, so maybe it wasn't my holiest of holy grails.  I didn't want it enough to pay for shipping.   With Powells, you get free shipping if you order at least $50 worth of books.  With Amazon you get free shipping with $25, but I don't think that includes private sellers.  

So anyway.  Now, thanks to Tim, we finally own the John Birmingham classic.

Then in the mail, we also got something from Australia; a Christmas card from a friend.

It must be Australia-related mail day, because Jack got his favorite magazine and it had an article about wombats.