Would It Help To Write To Oprah?

I was thinking maybe it would help to write to Oprah. I mean it won't stop the rain. Or will it?  Hey, she DOES have power. 

Seriously though. Maybe if enough of us write to her, she'll send a donation to the flood relief, and bring some publicity to it.

Well, it's worth a try. I sent an email. Maybe if more people do the same, someone will pay attention?  Here's the contact form.   

And I think I'll bother my family. Maybe they'll donate. Hopefully.  

Also, I think I should probably give another donation.   I gave one yesterday, but I was kind of cheap. I hate when people ask other people to donate, and they're not generous enough themselves. That sucks. I don't want to be like that.  

Really. I'm just TRYING to feel useful. I feel kind of helpless all the way over here. I'm sure I'm not alone.   Unless, you're in Queensland ready to volunteer with sand bags, there's that feeling.

I had this weird book as a child. I forgot the name of it. But there was this kid who sucked up the ocean with a straw. THAT is what I wish I could do. I'd suck up all the flood water and spit it out in places that need some water.  Sadly though....I don't have such powers.