Different States and Norman Reedus

I'm done making the videos.

I shall post the rest soon.....

In the meantime, I want to thank everyone who helped make our trip so wonderful.

THANK YOU!!!!!!

And....

I wanted to blab a bit about the music.

I had chosen several of the songs before we even left for Australia.  I even knew what days of the trip would have which songs. I kept the particular songs in the back of my mind; and I think I even listened to some of them on the appropriate days.

There were some days that had no predetermined songs.  I had a long list of possibilities and had to narrow it down.

For the last video, I was torn between two songs. It was still up in the air as we were experiencing our last day in Australia.

Then we were driving to Ballarat and I had a private emotional (maybe sort of spiritual) moment that involved thoughts of Australian Prime Ministers.  Just as that happened, one of the two songs started to play on my Spotify.  I took it as a sign that I should choose that song. Then I started crying.  It was just one of those....things. I'm not sure if anyone in the car noticed. I was sniffling a lot, but they probably thought it was allergies. Then I couldn't find a tissue, and I was wiping my snot on my sleeve.

Anyway.....

The spirits of Spotify helped me make my decision.  I'm not sure I support it fully.

I love the song Spotify chose, but I love the other song as well.

It's called Rivers and Roads...if anyone is interested in hearing it. I learned about it from How I Met Your Mother.  (The other song came from How I Met Your Mother as well  And two other Australia-trip videos have songs that came to my attention via that brilliant TV show. I'm kind of pathetic.   Sorry. But they do have really amazing music on that show)

My favorite line of "Rivers and Roads" is:

And my family lives in a different state
If you don't know what to make of this
Then we will not relate


I think that's such a beautiful understatement of our situation.   

It's wonderful to have friends from a different country.

But it's also kind of sad.    

Yeah.

I wanted to say sorry to the not-so-huge number of people who wanted me to write out another detailed trip diary.  I don't think I'm going to do it. I did the videos instead.

I was watching Norman Reedus on the season finale of The Talking Dead. They asked him how he prepared for a scene, and he said he listened to a Willie Nelson song that reminded of his dad. They asked which song and he answered simply, I don't want to tell you.

I absolutely loved that, because it reminded me of how I feel about the trip.

There are too many things about our trip to Australia that I want to keep private.

There are too many things I can't properly capture with the letters on my keyboard.    

So....

Well, that is that.

Thanks for listening.

Thanks for reading.

Thanks for watching.     










P.S-Our friends say they might visit us in America.   I'm planning to make a video of that.  

I've already chosen one of the songs.   

 

2 comments: