Riptide

I went in the office to look at Tim's photographs of a golf day, and Vance Joy's "Riptide" started playing on the computer. I was kind of excited and told Tim it was an Australian song. Tim told me they've been playing the song a lot on the alternative radio station he's been listening to.

Maybe the song is becoming popular here.

I Googled the song and saw that Taylor Swift has done a cover of the song.

I think I shall have to listen to that.

It's quite lovely. I think Taylor Swift does a good job with it.

In case there's someone reading this who hasn't heard the original...here's the video.

This is my first time seeing the video. The lip-synching woman is a bit eerie. But cool.

I wasn't in the mood to end this yet, so I went to find another video.

Here's Vance Joy doing a cover of Adele's "Rolling in the Deep".

I'm not sure that I like it; but I might...someday. It could grow on me.

It gets better as it goes on.

I felt like he was just talking in the beginning, but thought it was just my imagination. But then I saw in comments that other people were saying the same thing.






How would our world change if we knew for sure there was life after death, and it was easy for our dearly-departed to talk to us via the Internet?   

The Dead are Online, a novel by Dina Roberts 



No comments:

Post a Comment