What Did Impress Me

As I said yesterday...I didn't watch the Golden Globes. But I did read about it this morning, and I watched some clips.

Though I'm not big on the black dress thing, here is what I did love.

1. Natalie Portman making a comment about the lack of female directors nominated.

I didn't watch The Golden Globes because I've grown bored of award shows. But if I was still in to that, maybe I would have boycotted the show for that reason. Or maybe not. I'm not great at boycotting things...if I like them.

2. Debra Messing confronting her E Network interviewer about the male/female pay gap. That was awesome.

It's hard to speak out against all the shit in the world, because you end up facing so much vicious backlash. But it needs to be done, and I applaud all who have the courage to do it...whether it be about huge things, medium things, or tiny things.

I'm not a big fan of Oprah...because of her connection to Dr. Phil, The Secret, and her very difficult Aussie quiz that made me feel all my studying of Australia might have been a waste of time.

I would probably be cool with her being president, though. At least she reads! I would be so happy to have a president who actually reads novels.

Then again, I personally kind of prefer that we have a president with political experience.  I'm fine with actors, writers, and other celebrity types becoming president. But I think they should make their way up the ladder—start as governor, senator, representative, etc.