Suggestions?

Spending a week in London has made me realize I don't want to spend full weeks in big cities while in Australia.

We had a great time in Canterbury, so I'm thinking of doing that in Australia. I mean…No, we're not going to hop over to Canterbury while in Melbourne. That would be slightly difficult. I'm just thinking we could do short day train trips.

Do any of you have suggestions of places we could go?

We want cities/towns that would take less than 2 hours to get there by train. And we need places where it's easy to get to the fun stuff from the train station. It's especially great if it's a short walk to the town center/fun stuff.

I think we're also going to do a guided tour thing of Great Ocean Road. So that will break up another day.

Please email me if you have any ideas!

Thanks.