Lance Smart Returns

This week, on The Home and Away episodes I'm watching, Lance Smart starts to feel unappreciated, rejected, and ignored. He decides he'll disappear for a few days; people will miss him; and then he'll be appreciated.

Only one person even notices that he's gone.  It's not his best friend but instead Sally Fletcher, a little girl who lives near him.

He returns to Summer Bay five days later and joyfully announces his return to his best friend and others at the local coffee shop. They barely stop their conversation to respond to him.  Then it turns out they had barely noticed he was even gone. Nor do they give a crap that he's returned.

I can totally relate to all that.

It's what's happening to me with this blog right now.

I can't say I stopped blogging because I felt unappreciated. That was probably one of the reasons. But the main reason is I was at a point in my life where I felt the need for a lot of privacy.  That being said, I admit I wouldn't have minded if people reached out and told me they missed my blog. 

Now I've returned, and like Lance, I haven't been welcomed back.

I'm not sure people have noticed I've been gone. I don't know if they notice I've returned. I don't know if anyone cares.

It should make me feel pathetic.  But it doesn't.

It makes me feel human.

In a way, it makes me feel strong.  Well, I'm proud that I've been writing all week despite the lack of validation, because I've come to learn I have a habit of giving up on things too easily.  After writing my recent novel, I promised myself I wouldn't give up on it if things don't go well at first, and I definitely wouldn't give up on writing.

So writing a blog when hardly anyone seems to care that I'm writing a blog....well, it's kind of good practice.    


No comments:

Post a Comment