My Dream about Stefan Dennis and Other Stuff

I decided to do what I said I might do in my last post.  I found my dream about Stefan Dennis.

I was right too. The dream did involve zombies.  But when I woke up, I wasn't sure whether or not the Stefan Dennis bit was part of the zombie storyline.

Anyway, here's the dream:

I'm in the kitchen.  A young Stefan Dennis is there. I talk to him as I load the dishes into the dishwasher.  He tells me about a trip he's going to take...by flight.   (In 1980's neighbours, his character is a pilot)

I ask where he's going, and he names some famous sunset place. After that, he's going to London.  He likes the idea of going far away; then staying for a short time.    

I then ask if he knows his character eventually becomes a villain.  I also tell him that I once wrote a blog post about him, and I say he's as good a villain as ones I've seen on other soap operas.  I worry, though, that I may have written negative things about him on my blog—things I've forgotten, and he'll end up seeing it. 

Now I have other stuff to talk about.

1.  I wanted to use my blog to promote Jack's new video channel.  He's making Minecraft videos.   Here's a link to one of the videos.  I love the video because I'm a big Minecraft fan, and I think Jack did a good job with it. If you don't play Minecraft, you'll probably be less interested.  But maybe you've heard of Minecraft and you're wondering, what's all the fuss?  The video could be a good introduction for you.

2.  I think I'm going to be writing more in this blog, but I'm also going to revive another one of my neglected blogs.  It's called Fiction Addiction. I started it in 2012, and then stopped posting in the beginning of 2013.  I wrote only twenty-two posts, and according to Statcounter, it's had a total of only 227 page views.

I hope to change that. Previously it was my place to talk about non-Australian related fiction (usually books or TV shows).  I'm going to continue with that but also use the blog to talk about my own fiction writing.

I'm still going to talk about my novel here....and beg you guys to buy it.  But most of the talk will be on the other blog.

3.  I feel the need to warn people that this blog might end up being mostly about Aussie soap operas from the 1980's.  My Australian obsession these days is pretty much centered around me watching Neighbours and Home and Away.

I'm not really paying much attention to Australian politics lately.  I know that Tony Abbott is Prime Minister and that there were recent protests related to immigration and asylum seekers.  That's about it.

Thanks to my new favorite Australian website, I was able to see Scott Ludlam bitch out Tony Abbott.  It was mean, but in an intelligent and fairly civil way.

I like when people are nice to each other.  But there is a time for speaking out and being harsh.

Anyway, I have a feeling that my tiny handful of regular readers (which I may have lost anyway by disappearing) are not going to be interested in Summer Bay and Ramsey street.  So I have to face the sad fact that I might lose readers. Or worse,  I'll have people who read out of obligation and habit, and I'll end up boring them to tears. 

I'm sure I'll talk about other things ,though.  So...

You know, it's like Junkee.com (my new favorite Australian website).  They talk about that TV show Girls, a lot.  I think they're big fans. I don't watch it, so I don't look at those posts.

It's one of those questions about blogging.  If you follow a blog, are you obligated to read everything?  I sort of feel you shouldn't.  I think it's better to just read what interests you. 

4. I'm going to try to get away from making rules for myself, especially when it comes to blogging.  I'm going to blog when I feel like it, when I have something to say. There might be some days where I have 55 posts, and then there might be weeks where I don't post anything.

You read what you want to read and I'll write what I want to write, and vice versa.  


No comments:

Post a Comment