Many of One?

Do you remember that scene in Being John Malkovich where John Malkovich sees a restaurant full of John Malkoviches?





I thought of it today because of my dream last night.

In one part, I was the member of a TV show or movie cast, and we were doing a cast photo.

When I woke up in the middle of the night, I thought of the dream. It made no sense because the cast member standing next to me in the photo was Julian McMahon.  But then I thought of the guy taking the picture. I'm almost positive that was Julian McMahon as well. Then later on during the day, I wondered...well, heck. Maybe we were ALL Julian McMahon.

No.  Well, I don't think I was.  I'm pretty sure I was myself. But maybe all the men were him.

I'm pretty sure that's the first time I've had a dream like that— one person playing two parts in the same scene.  What I do have on a fairly frequent basis is character changes.  For example, I might be at Disney World with my cousin Jennifer. Then later, it's my sister who's at Disney World with me.  I don't notice the character change until I've woken up.  I think I've heard of other people having the same thing happen. It's probably one of those common dream things.


No comments:

Post a Comment