Television

So...as many of you know, I was on Australian TV this weekend. And if you know, that's probably why you came to my blog in the first place. So you don't need me to tell you I was on TV.  But I do sometimes have a few people who find my blog through Google searching, and they might not know I was on TV.  Do they need to know I was on TV?  Probably not.  I probably don't even need to write this post. Ah, but I'm doing it anyway.

Here's the link to the show.  I haven't watched it. I'm too scared. I haven't gotten any hate mail yet, so I'm guessing it wasn't too incredibly awful. But I'm nervous about seeing myself. Is that very mental? Yeah. Probably. Maybe I'll watch it someday...maybe even later today. Who knows. I think, though, that it's hard to watch your own self talking on a video. I made my own videos and posted them to this blog. I sang songs and spoke in an attempted Aussie accent. Making the videos wasn't too stressful, but I had a hard time watching them afterward. It's all kind of dreadful. 

So...the whole experience of being on TV. It was actually pretty fun and surreal. I think it could have been a lot worse. I could have ended up crying or giggling uncontrollably. That happens to me sometimes. It didn't this time, and the blessing of it all is I didn't even worry about it happening. It didn't come to my mind until the day AFTER the interview.  I was walking around our Lake House and heard The Cup Song.  I started getting all teary-eyed, and thought...Oh, it's good I didn't get that way during the interview!

I think what happened is I was so preoccupied with another thing that could go wrong—me drawing a blank.  My mind goes blank sometimes. I have problems remembering things.  When I was first approached about the interview I tried to imagine things they might ask me. I imagined them maybe wanting to know if I knew who the Leader of the Opposition was. I just learned that a week or two ago. Well, guess what. I couldn't retrieve the name Bill Shorten from my brain. Then I was going through the Prime Ministers. I could not remember Joseph Cook. I'm still having trouble with that guy. I keep wanting to call him Joseph Cotton.

I also couldn't remember the word Magpie. I was thinking black and white birds...they swoop down at you.  It took me about five minutes to remember.

Well, I was not asked about Magpies, Joseph Cook, or Bill Shorten.  So I didn't need to remember them, but I still like knowing that I can.

Anyway.....

Thanks to all of you who watched the TV show and took the time to check out my blog. It's fun to see all these visitors!

No comments:

Post a Comment