Australian Politics

Sometimes things in your life fade away—interests, friendships, hobbies, etc.

Sometimes you're okay with this and sometimes you might regret it.

My fading thing is my interest in Australian politics.

I've really lost touch.

I quickly glance at Australian news headlines, but rarely actually look at the article.

I don't watch Q and A.

I don't pay attention to Tweets about Aussie politics.

The other day Jack asked me who the Leader of the Opposition was. I was embarrassed to say I didn't know, but that I thought maybe his last name started with an A.

Yesterday I remembered to look it up.

The man I had been thinking of was Anthony Albanese, and he wasn't Leader of the Opposition.  He was Deputy Leader, and that was only for about a month.

The real Leader of the Opposition is Bill Shorten. I had no idea!  At least I know who he is, though.  I remember him from my Q and A watching days.

I probably don't want to go back to knowing as much about Aussie politics as I did in the past.  But I do regret my current level of ignorance, so I think I'm going to try to change that. At least a little bit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment