Former Enemies, Ball Park Music, SideReel and Golf

1. Dreamed about Nick Tilsley from Coronation Street. This morning I decided to read about the actor who plays Nick. I learned that Ben Price appeared on an episode of Home and Away in 1998.

According to the Bay to the Bay website, the episode took place in England, so I'm guessing maybe it was filmed there as well. Price played a guy named Geoffrey Burns. He was in a storyline that involved Malaria.

2. Started to watch an episode of Neighbours.

3. Started to watch another episode of Neighbours.

4. Wondered why Paul (Stefan Dennis) seems to have a lot of interest in forming a relationship with his grandson but not his daughter.

Is it because he feels it's too late to mend the problems with his daughter? Does he not care about her?

5. Liked that past enemies, Sonya (Eve Morey) and Naomi (Morgana O'Reilly), plan to team up to help Paul and Amy's (Zoe Cramond) relationship.

I love when enemies become friends...or almost friends.

6. Started watching another episode of Neighbours.

7. Surprised to see Amber (Jenna Rosenow) allowing Daniel (Tim Phillips) to lead her in a guided meditation—after all that stuff that happened with Rain (Arlie Dodds) trying to brainwash her with meditation.

BUT...then Amber stops the meditation and says it reminded her too much of Rain. I'm glad she said that.


How would our world change if we knew for sure there was life after death, and it was easy for our dearly-departed to talk to us via the Internet?   


The Dead are Online  a novel by Dina Roberts 



8. Went to the Triple J 2014 list.

Today I'm going to listen to Ballpark Music's "She Only Loves Me When I'm There".

I don't think I've ever heard that song, but I have heard some Ballpark Music songs. I love "Surrender".

9. Started watching the video for "She Only Loves Me When I'm There"

There's a guy singing in the rain.

10. Did not like the slow beginning of the song, but then it speeds up, and I feel it gets better.

11. Thought the video was strange but not in a way that interests me.

I'm not sure how I feel about the song.  I'm not too fond of it, but it could grow on me.

12. Started to watch the video to "Surrender". I'm kind of worried it will ruin the song for me. That's happened before.

We'll see....

13. Finished watching the video. The song wasn't ruined for me, thankfully.

I actually liked the video. I thought it was strange in a fun way. I might even want to watch it again someday.

14. Learned, from Lord Wiki, that the lead singer of Ball Park Music is Sam Cromack.

15. Started to read an interview with Sam Cromack and another member of the band named Dean Hanson.

16. Learned, from Lord Wiki, that Dean Hanson is a twin, and both twins are in the band.

17. Learned that, when he was growing up, Cromack wanted to be a skateboarder. He didn't have the skills, unfortunately.

That happens sometimes. I wish I could play the guitar, do gymnastics, and do impressive ballet moves. But it's not happening.

Maybe in my next life?

18. Learned that Cromack likes Mario Kart.

I do too.

19. Learned that Cromack is good at playing Tetris. I guess he's a gamer type person.

20. Saw that Ball Park Music did a cover of their own song "She Only Loves Me When I'm There" on Like a Version.

Well...would it still be a cover? Or is it just an alternate version of the song?

21. Found a list of artists that have covered their own songs. So maybe the newer version is still considered a cover.

22. Liked the Like a Version's "She Only Loves Me When I'm There" much better than what I heard earlier.

23. Started to watch a Neighbours backstage video.  This one stars Tim Phillips who plays Daniel.

24. Noticed that Tim Phillips has a big mole on his forehead. I've never noticed that before.

25. Learned that Phillips likes singing Wonderwall when doing Karaoke. He likes vacationing near the Murray River. If he could marry a celebrity, he'd marry Angelina Jolie.  If he wasn't an actor, he'd want a construction or architectural career.

This is more of a Q and A video than backstage one.

I liked it, though. It was fun.

26. Had an actress's face pop into my head. I'm pretty sure she's Australian, and it's from a TV show....

Ah!  Never mind. I got it!

It's Emma Lung from Wonderland.

She popped into my head when Tim was flipping through a menu on the Apple TV. I don't think he came across Emma Lung. I think I just saw someone who reminded me of her.  It was all very fast.

27. Saw that Hulu hasn't added any Wonderland episodes.

I hope they do, someday.

I get worried that Hulu will stop adding episodes or seasons to shows.

What if they decide to just stop at twenty-two episodes of Wonderland?

What if they never go beyond season two of House Husbands?

28. Looked at the SideReel website.  They say you can watch Australian shows online from there. Though from what Lord Wiki says, I think maybe they just provide links to other sites.

29. Not at all impressed with SideReel.  I looked at about five different Australian shows. Each one says not available online. What's the point of it?

Is it that people are stupid and can't do their own searches to find the shows they want to watch?

The other thing is, each time I did a new search, the show's page would pop up, along with an annoying video.  I mean not a video of the show I want to watch, but some kind of...thing. Maybe a promotional video for SideReel?

30. Continued to try to find a show on SideReel that has actual links to videos. So far I've found nothing. I've even done shows that I know are on Hulu, and SideReel is not linking to them.

31. Wondered if I might be doing it all wrong.

32. Saw that for Wonderland, they do actually provide a link to Hulu.

So, that's something.

Though it doesn't help me at all.

I already knew Wonderland was on Hulu. I don't need SideReel telling me so.

33. Saw trailer for the movie The Visit. I thought the boy, in the trailer, looked familar and had a feeling I had seen him on a TV show recently. I tried to think of American shows I've seen recently with a young boy. I couldn't think of any.  I don't know. I guess I had a temporary moment of stupidity and forgot that Australians can be found in American movies.

I looked up The Visit on IMDb, and saw that the actor is Ed Oxenbould. I saw him in Puberty Blues.

I also saw that that the girl (Olivia DeJonge) who plays Oxenbould's sister, in the movie, is Australian as well.

34. Got a text from my dad saying that an Australian won the PGA championship.

My dad has become a huge fan of golf.

His golf obsession may equal my Australian obsession.

35. Read article about Jason Day.

He had a difficult time as a child. His dad died of cancer, and Day had a hard time with that. He drank, and he got into fights. His mom sent him to boarding school. There he read a book about Tiger Woods, and he was inspired enough to practice golf thirty hours a week.

I like stories of dedication.

It doesn't personally matter to me that he won the PGA, or that he's successful. I mean that's nice. But I think what's more meaningful to me is he pulled himself out of a depressing time.  He found a purpose in life.

36. Realized I watched the wrong Neighbours backstage video. I've been watching them in order from this list.

I was supposed to watch an eleven minute video with Tim Phillips, and instead I watched a short interview with him.

Tomorrow I'll watch the long video.