Hi! It's Been So Long! How Have You Been!??

We watched the premier of season 8 of Game of Thrones last night.

(spoilers below...of course)

I liked it but didn't love it.

BUT I did like this episode much more than I liked the premier of season 7. 

The main theme of the episode seemed to be reunions.

And sometimes, we got a bit confused.

It would have probably helped if between 2017 and 2019, we re-watched the series.

I did read an article the day before that helped a bit.  It summarized what had happened at the end of season 7.

Okay, but during the reunions, here was our confusion.

With the Aria (Maisie Williams) and John Snow (Kit Harington) reunion, I was thinking/saying. Wait. Didn't they reunite last season?  It took me a few moments to remember that John had reunited with Sansa (Sophie Turner) and not Aria.  Although, also, I was confused when seeing John and Sansa at first.  I couldn't remember if John Snow had been to Winterfell yet.

Yeah. That was probably in the article.  So not only does my memory suck but also my reading comprehension skills.

When Sansa and Tyrion (Peter Dinklage) started approaching each other, it took me some moments to remember they're connected.  Then Tim and I had a brief exchange where we contemplated whether they had been married or simply almost-married.

Now, to my credit, I DID definitely remember the connection between Bran (Isaac Hempstead Wright) and Jamie (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau).  Tim seemed to have a brief memory lapse there. He asked when was the last time they saw each other.

I said, when he pushed him out the window.

Oh yeah!!!

Although now I'm wondering if that's true.

Did they ever see each other at a later date?

Although, regardless, I think that push was their big connection.

There were times during the episode where I wished they did the X-Files thing and labeled the location.

I also wish there was an alternate version you can watch where a little thing at the bottom of the screen gives you information about who the characters are and when was the last time we saw them.

In the past I've really wanted them to have scoreboards during the big battle scenes.  I get so lost.  I see people falling dead, and I have no idea whose team they're on.


Oh and by the way, the reason I didn't like the first episode of season 7 was the whole Ed Sheeran thing.  Although at the time I didn't even know it was Ed Sheeran.  It's just something seemed off with that scene. Then later I learned it was him.